xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Real Mp3 Player?  (Read 96 times)

ekengren

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« on: October 31, 2002, 08:21:00 PM »

mad.gif

nynx

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »

winamp in linux... problem solved!

ekengren

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2002, 04:30:00 PM »

hmm, i don't use linux on my box.

has yAMP xstream support?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 04:54:00 PM »

No offense to the Linux people, but this forum is really dedicated to XBOX development.

I think Linux should be considered a 'dirty word' here. If anybody is seeking a solution involving Linux, there is a specific forum for Linux; they can simply post there. Suggesting Linux to this guy's request for an MP3 player is not helpful at ALL.

Some of us like to play Xbox game son our Xboxes, instead of converting them to cheap computers. I have five computers in my house, one running Linux.... and it's more powerful than the Xbox. Nobody should have a problem with those who want to modify their Xboxes to no longer run Xbox games so they can run Linux, but don't tell somebody they should do exactly that when they clearly don't want to.

opjose

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2002, 09:13:00 PM »

A general purpose MP3, WMA & RM player for the XBox with WinAmp type queing functions would indeed be a nice thing.

LumbraX

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 10:36:00 PM »

smile.gif  smile.gif  love.gif  love.gif

ekengren

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2002, 05:49:00 PM »

well.. i'm not an ms dashboard fan at all.. but the patch thing would probably make a bunch of people happy.. perhaps playlistsupport in xbmp would be a good start.. not that hard to pull eh?

strange anyway that there hasn't been any good amp-like clone to the box yet.. i mean, i use the xbox for watching divx/vcd (and many others i think) and what's stopping it from becoming my all-purpose entertainment system?

jedgar

• Archived User
A Real Mp3 Player?
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »

My guess is nothing is stopping it from, AT LEAST, becoming an audio jukebox of sorts.  I was looking around and found the source for "Freeamp," which seems like a good bet to be used with the XDK for development.  What we need is a team that is ready to do it.  I couldn't find any source for Winamp...anyone know if that is open or what?  Let's get to programming, people.