xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 V1.0 Mobo/ Red/green 3x No Picture  (Read 72 times)

atomheartmother

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 V1.0 Mobo/ Red/green 3x No Picture
« on: December 28, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

Hello before someone yells at me to use the "search" feature I have, I have been messing with this install for hours. Anyways heres the deal:
Its a v1.0 mobo, did wire install, when turning it on blinks red/green clicks(beep) 3 times, power goes on and off between color flashes, then stays on but nothing on the screen?  I realize others have had similiar problems but here the history on the system. It was initially a soft mod, friend got the evox save on to momory card then accessed the box , he didnt back up eeprom?!?!?!, so I bought chip to fix and this is where Im at. Solder is not bleeding on to other parts I used the solder that was on the board already since this is an old board that the holes still had solder in them. Anyways I have a cold and am about to chuck it in the garbage. So pleaser if you can help please do!!!

Medstu

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 V1.0 Mobo/ Red/green 3x No Picture
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

Do you have a multitester?  Even though you say solder didn't bleed, you might want to check for connections.  Also, the problem you describe can be due to a number of things, but the most common one for it in my experience is a short, usually th d0.  Where did you solder the d0?