xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Did You Ruin Your Xbox?  (Read 236 times)

Tret

• Archived User
Did You Ruin Your Xbox?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2002, 04:43:00 PM »

Not only that but in if they decide to Pursue any kind of action against a person once they figure out who that person is, it will cost them well over $200.00 in Attorney Fees and all that other bullshit. Don't think it is worth it at all for them to go after the small time idiot that cannot solder for shit.

Tret

akumabas

• Archived User
Did You Ruin Your Xbox?
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2002, 12:54:00 AM »

that's what i did i. but i put the new motherboard in my old case becuz TOYS R' US scans the serial ####

akumabas

• Archived User
Did You Ruin Your Xbox?
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2002, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (opjose @ Aug 4 2002, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (foocankill @ Aug 2 2002, 08:45 AM)
i do that ALL the time!  i broke my first xbox, got it replaced for free at compusa.

This is why when the Xbox is scanned, the serial number of the machine is included in the UPC record. Or didn't you notice this????

When the package is returned to MS to repair and rejected, they (may) take action, be it the store or MS.

I've talked to one EBX manager who told me that it's a very easy to prove fraud case, since there is a complete paper trail. In EBX's case the serial number is automatically reprinted right on your receipt, so you know.

AFAIK Cosco, Wall-Mart, etc. just don't print it on the receipt.

Not a very smart thing to do.

that's why u shood switch the cases-chasis
 biggrin.gif

justmejg

• Archived User
Did You Ruin Your Xbox?
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2002, 04:51:00 PM »

when you do the exchange swap the bottom piece it is universal. duhhh. they get the same serial number back you get your new xbox
Pages: 1 [2]