xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sega Cd Emulation On Xbox?  (Read 246 times)

brywalker

• Archived User
Sega Cd Emulation On Xbox?
« on: July 22, 2002, 08:49:00 PM »

Snatcher.

Best...Sega CD...game....EVER.

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 05:27:00 AM »

If you like this game so much then why play it on the xbox laugh.gif

Play it on your sega!!

I think all this emulator stuff is a total waste of time as the xbox is the most powerfull console to date and all most people want to do is play old crap from a different console on it and i can not understand why!

I bought my xbox to play advanced games and if i want to play old crap i will play those old games on the console that they were made for, i still fireup my C64 and amiga to play those great old games but to see those games on the advanced xbox hardware make me wonder why people bought there xbox in the 1st place.

If you want to play old crappy game then sell your xbox and stay with your old consoles  dry.gif

I think that the idea here is to buy the next gen console to play the next gen games and not to play games that are 3 to 4 years old,if you want to play older games then keep your old console and then play those older games on them when you want to [ dry.gif

So the way it is going it seens to me that when they release the xbox 2 people will want an emulator on it to play xbox 1 games.

When i buy a new console i make the choice to go forward and play bigger and better games and not to play old crappy games anymore.

So i think that the best new console would be one that plays every other console game ever made.

Maybe box 100 laugh.gif

Metroid-X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 03:24:00 PM »

I love emulation becuase it reduces all the consoles to just one. I don't understand why people who don't like it complain about it. If you don't like it, Shut up and don't play them, but leave us that do alone. I have almost every system around, but I would rather play all my games on one console rather than be switching back and forth between them. Also, some of the older consoles don't work anymore.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 09:25:00 PM »

Gillian Seed that was beautiful.... *sNiFf*

im getting all misty eyed....

only one complaint.... it was way too fukin nice....

Hammy did u jump straight from atari 2600 to xbox and miss all the great inbetween games? or maybe u just have a personal grudge against segacd..... maybe u didn't get one for christmas or something.... bah

shut up, no one cares if u like emulation on xbox or not...  but using the subject to increase your posts is another story..... if u think its pointless go start a thread that says something like "im stupid and don't like emulation beacause I never owned any other system other then Xbox".......

multi gaming on one console is the shit just for the fact u don't have to disconnect shit to play a different system.....

and wtf is up with

-Quote-
So i think that the best new console would be one that plays every other console game ever made.

Maybe box 100 --User Hammy

why is that so lame?

I too wanna see sega cd support and maybe a port of magic engine to make Turbo-Grafx CD playable...

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 05:58:00 AM »

Ok sorry guys.

I have owned almost all the consoles out there in my time and yes there are some great games that i have played in the past but really how long can people play an old game for,what 10 years or so.

My most favorite game that i would play over and over again was P P Hammer on the amiga but as i have gooten older now i like to play more up to date games if i play games at all as i have being playing games on nearly all formats that i have gooten sick off 90% of games as they are rip off's of old game anyway.

Look guys,let me ask you this,why did you buy an xbox if you were happy with the games on your old console.

I bought the xbox to play better games with great graphics and sound and i do not want to stay with my previous console as life goes on laugh.gif

What i am trying to say is that why would you buy an xbox if you only want to play your old games and stay back in the 60's to 80's,i hope you people know that it is 2002! laugh.gif

At the moment the games i play are on the pc as i do not think that most of the really good pc games will come to the xbox as there is not buttons on the xbox controller to say play flight sims and other games that need lots of keys to play, i mainly play game like Medal Of Honour,Warcraft3,SOF2,Empire Earth and i can not wait for C&C generals.

Like i said before,if you like to play your old games them that is fine but play them on your old console and lets all see the xbox advance and not not go backwards laugh.gif

So please understand that i decided to go forward in consoles and not stay with my older consoles,just to let you guys know that since i have a pc like most of you that yes i do have lots of emultors on the pc that play my favorite old console games that i thought why the hell would i play them on the xbox when my pc is more powerful than the xbox anyway,so before somebody ask's why then did i get an xbox,the only reason l bought an xbox is to replace my dvd player which plays dvd,vcd,svcd,mp3.

I mainley want to put my collection of music video clips in mpg and divx onto the hard drive and play them.

Let the flames start laugh.gif

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »

and remember this..... on my pc and xbox I have complete rom sets of games that I would never be able to afford in my life... and if the xbox gets the capability to play others that I do not have the room in my house to collect (arcade machines and thousands of carts) well good... then

its tru I did buy my xbox for the newer games and stuff, but to venture back every once and a while when u have friends over and to say remember this and play in some multi player bomberman or whatever.. truly great stuff....

and I still do own almost every console(missing turboduo, jaguar and Lynx) and have a collection of thousands of games.... but still the convienince of not digging them out...

powerben5000

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 10:09:00 PM »

I don't see the point of Sega CD Emulation...

I mean, Sega CD has all of....FIVE games for it?  I dunno, just my opinion.

biggrin.gif

--BenMan

powerben5000

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 11:10:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Really?  I never heard of any of them.

I took it for one of Sega's many failed hardware ventures and never looked into Sega CD or 32x, or any genesis add-ons...  

I think it was a healthy move for sega to pull out of the hardware stuff...let another manufacturer blow money on console research and development...while sega devotes its resources to making awesome games like sonic and toejam & earl.  smile.gif

--BenMan

powerben5000

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 12:19:00 PM »

> I think Any Emulator is good. Take the Dreamcast it's the Homebrew and
Emulation scene that has kept it alive. And the reason for me wanting to play emu's on my X-Box is this. IT's ON A TV just like the original. NOT ON A MONITOR like a pc emu. So when i play sega or nintendo emu's on my TV it's great.  Alot of people are RETRO especially on computers. Having been around since Tandy Home Consoles with PONG on them i have seen alot. And emulation is the Best way for it. And why have 10 consoles all over the place when 1 can do the job.

I never said I didn't like EMU's or such.  I have a number of emulators running on my xbox now.  I just wondered why a system (sega cd) that (seemingly) met with little success would have a following.  Systems like NES, SNES, Genesis, 2600, yeah, I understand because those have massive libraries.  I wasn't aware Sega CD had as large a library as it did (as I was corrected earlier.)

>I don't think you moaning about it is gonna change anything. What you should remember is everyone likes different stuff.  I think EMU'S RULE so let's have more please.

Forums are about people expressing their views and opinions and subjects, so let's keep the insults to a minimum, shall we?  biggrin.gif

--BenMan

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2002, 08:54:00 PM »

keep insults down to a minimum.....

fuck that.....  mad.gif

you guys are big stupid heads.... blink.gif

great games were made for this system.....

Secret of Monkey Island, Night Trap, Double Switch, VAY, Dark Wizard, Shining Force CD and Lunar Silver Star Story to name a few........

powerben5000

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »

sad.gif

I've already admitted to Gillian that I was ignorant about the number of games for Sega Cd.

I didn't mean anything personally, and I really wasn't picking a fight.  

Can't we all just get along? tongue.gif

--BenMan  :

ObeyWej

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 12:06:00 PM »

All i know is my nintendo broke years ago and i only had 15 games or so.
with emulation of that and other "gems" I can relive the fun i had back then with great new additions. Because of the dreamcast emulation i was able to play every single nintendo game available(in the world). Around 226mb rar. it wouldnt fit on one cd. im happy with emulation and am planning to get more involved in the production. i bought my Xbox for the new and the old, for the...........kids

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 07:13:00 AM »

wink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (pCeSlAyEr @ Jul 30 2002, 10:54 PM)
keep insults down to a minimum.....

fuck that.....  mad.gif

you guys are big stupid heads.... blink.gif

Actually, the proper term is doo-doo heads, not stupid heads.  wink.gif

stratjakt

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 01:54:00 PM »

I have sega cd, 3 of 'em in fact, and they play backups no problem.

Sega CD wont play discs from other regions, its bios prevents this.  You can replace the bios with one from another region, and to a certain extent you can patch iso images to run on your sega cd, but the first sol'n is a hassle, and the latter only works about 50%.

But a perfect emulation will play hundreds of games I couldnt before.  And, yes, Sega CD has a fairly large following, Sega in general has a fairly large and active fan base (People like me who own everything from the master system to the dreamcast)

similarly, I cant put an arcadefx card in my turboduo without an adaptor, which are very rare and expensive these days.  So there are plenty of great titles (lots of SNK arcade ports) I can only enjoy via Magic Engine.

Its about preserving the platforms, who gives a crap if they met with commercial success.  

I say the less successful a console was, the more important it be emulated, because its the only way most people will ever get a glimpse of what the Master System/Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Sega CD, 32x, Atari Jaguar, 3D0, PC-FX, TurboDuo/PCEngine, SuperGFX, Atari Lynx, Neo Geo CD, Neo Geo pocket, Vectrex, Odyssey 2, etc, etc were like.

I've seen several friends (PSX owners) play Panzer Dragoon Saga on my saturn, and were absolutely stunned to see what they'd missed out on by not taking the road less travelled..

I could give a rats ass if someone doesnt like the selection of free titles an emulator brings them..  

Noone would complain if the next MAME release brought 100% neo-geo emulation, and that wasnt exactly a commercial success as a console.  I'd wager a working dreamcast emulator would make people shit their pants - that was hardly a success either.

As for old games being 'crappy'..  Go fire up a copy of the freshly released "Antz Xtreme Racing", then tell me that 'newer is better'.  Or watch my 6 year old and his friends, who've logged more time playing my old NES than our xbox, ps2 and gamecube combined.  Seems kids have a way of seeing past hype and knowing what is, indeed, fun.
Pages: [1] 2