xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Picture Viewer  (Read 157 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Xbox Picture Viewer
« on: July 20, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »

Just buy them a DVD player that supports Kodak Picture somethin...WHY IS EVERYONE SOOOO CONCERNED ABOUT CRAP LIKE THIS?!?!?! ABOUT PLAYIN PS2 GAMES AND SHIT.... ESPECIALLY ABOUT PLAYING PICTURES ON UR XBOX?!?!?! WTF?!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xbox Picture Viewer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 07:41:00 AM »

This is a fine idea.

Why buy a $90 DVD player when you can simply load up a program to upgrade an Xbox to these capabilities?

I'll put that project on my 'todo' list once I get rolling with Xbox development.

pixletz

• Archived User
Xbox Picture Viewer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 06:58:00 PM »

yeah its most likley possible but the problem is u will need the sdk which is leaked(piracy), but most people here dont care but just rather not post it

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xbox Picture Viewer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (pixletz @ Jul 23 2002, 12:58 AM)
yeah its most likley possible but the problem is u will need the sdk which is leaked(piracy), but most people here dont care but just rather not post it

Well, I have the latest XDK, and I've beta tested WinNT (original) and DirectX, as well as worked with several OEMs in putting together WindowsCE platforms.

12 years C++ programming, 16 years with C, and darn near 20 with assembler.

The only issue is whether or not I have the time.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xbox Picture Viewer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (foocankill @ Jul 22 2002, 10:49 PM)
you can just make a picture vcd with nero and watch it on a dvd player.  it works ive dont it before

That's fine for people who have a specific DVD player.

This would be an app for people who own an Xbox but no picture-playing DVD player. The idea is sound. The app could be a generic media viewer.... not only pictures, but added features could include slick transitions or visual effects.

It might be nice to also see an audio cd/mp3 player that actually does a nice fullscreen interactive display (Xbox display was a big disappointment, but still more exciting than my Apex DVD Players ever managed)

I guess if we all had the attitude that "you can just do it on blah blah, so why bother with the Xbox" then perhaps this whole forum topic is moot. The idea is development, and a picture viewer is a fine idea.