xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3 Lights Up But Nothing Happens  (Read 74 times)

melon

• Archived User
X3 Lights Up But Nothing Happens
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

I have done loads of installs on x2.3's etc but I have installed an X3 into a crystal xbox v1.6 and i used the little gadget you place on the bottom of the mobo and solder the points to. Soldered everything ok (i solder for my job), but when i turn the xbox on the chip lights (not the external module), but the ms dash loads. I have soldered the alternative 5V which i know works and its hard to mess up the two led wires. The d0 i have redone and seems ok. I havnt got as far as flashing the chip yet.

Anyone got any ideas?

MelkorBauglir

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

Does it work when you disable it?  I had the same problem, I ended up getting pissed and just buying another xbox and putting it in without the little LPC rebuild board (I just soldered wires in) and it worked fine.  When installed properly you get a flash bios screen.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

buying another xbox isnt really an option for me.
the 3.3v led lights when i turn on the xbox but the 5v must work because when i take the alternative 5V rail off nothing happens i.e. the led on the chip that did light doesnt

help please?

This post has been edited by melon: Dec 8 2004, 08:38 AM

bklynbob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

:( Have the same problem with my v1.6. Member sent link to a Pin Header voltage dia. ( look under bklynbob). Diagram shows 3.5v on Pin 9, mine has 0v. Have not had chance to redo but you may want to check it. I'm new to xbox.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

Found the problem out.

On my pin header one of the pins had been pushed down so wasnt making the right contact. I used some solder to extend the pin to the length of the others and now it all works fine.

hope this helps someone else.