xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Get Programmer To See 2.6 Lite?  (Read 140 times)

mcastleberg

• Archived User
How Do I Get Programmer To See 2.6 Lite?
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

Since my P.O.S. 2.6 lite won't flash any other way I decided to get the programmer.  It finally came today and I'm having trouble getting X2BM to see the chip (of course).  I've got the white programmer with the USB cable.  I get everything hooked up - LPT cable, USB cable, 2.6 plugged into programmer, and I get a solid red and green LED on the programmer and a very quickly flashing blue LED.  I have no idea what the 2 spare red wires supplied with the programmer are for, neither of them will fit on the 2.6 lite.  Anyways, in X2BM it says "X2 not detected; Code : 0x0900.  I'm on LPT port 378, trying any other port gives me code 0xFFFF.  I've tried 2 different 3 foot LPT cables, WTF gives here?

mcastleberg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

Ok, now I've also tried plugging it directly into my LPT port.  By the way I'm using XP.

mcastleberg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

Ok, now I've discovered another anomaly.  I went into my BIOS and changed my parallel port to ECP+EPP since I've read thats how its supposed to be set.  After I reboot I notice that the blue led on the programmer that normally is dark or blinking very slightly, is now solid blue.  I figured everything was gonna be great now but as soon as I load up X2BM the blue led goes back to blinking slightly and it can't find my chip.  Whats going on here?

mcastleberg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

Another update :

I can make the blue LED stay on if I boot into safe mode. There is a problem though. When I try to run X2BM in safe mode I get this error -

Unable to extract IO.SYS Log in as a user who had such permission

Great...except I'm logged in as Administrator. So then when I go into X2BM it says "port driver did not initialize" and so the whole thing is screwed. What the hell gives here?

Brute_DLX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

I would suggest not booting into safe mode, while atempting to solve your problem. Booting into safe mode, generally only loads exactly what windows needs to run at a minimal level.  

I would suggest looking under the tutorial section on either xbox-scene or www.teamxecuter.com as there is a great guide for flashing the chips through the LPT port. Its geared towards using the 2.x pro series but it shows the hex error codes and possible solutions to them.  Generally you might want to look at that cause, I have found that plugging in things and powering certain things in a wrong order can cause goofy errors.

stryfe2010

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

do you have the selector switch plugged into the modchip also.

cantloseu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

are you using the older programmer or the newer one?  i recently bought the new one and had no problems flashing many 2.6 lites.  parallel port set to ECP+EPP, LPT port 378 and the programmer is plugged directly into the port on the computer, no cable.  2.6 is plugged into the programmer and you must also make sure the wires and external switch are plugged into the chip and set to UNPROTECT.

mcastleberg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

cantloseu, I'm using the new white programmer and I've been doing all that you suggested.  I'm really at a loss here.

This post has been edited by mcastleberg: Oct 30 2004, 06:10 PM

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

im on my third install (once solderless, twice wire install). I never get cromwell flashbios. just boots normally.

I have gone the rounds with this.

really wish I could flash this stupid 2. 6 lite