xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial  (Read 143 times)

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial
« on: November 14, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

First rebuild your LPC with THIS diagram

http://xbox.x-pec.com/x23bl-v16/images/v16_rebuild_x23B.jpg

(yes you must rebuild the point that is grey as well... this isn't included in the 2.6 diagram)

Now follow this tutorial

http://xbox.x-pec.com/x23bl-v16/

Now, you can either do what I did and NOT remove pin 1 from the pin header (aka the LCLK) and NOT put in a switch or you can so only one swithc will allow you to disable the modchip.  

What I did to start off was to flash my 2.2 w/ Evox_m8_16 on two banks and X3Flashbios on the other two (via the external flashing Parallel Port).  I then installed the chip and got it working.  After I knew the chip was working ok w/ M8_16, I retrieved a retail 1.6 bios from Xbins and flashed it to one of the available banks (one that had the flashbios on it).  Now if I want to play on Live, I simply switch to the retail bank instead off switching of the chip (the stock switches won't work to turn off the chip... if you turn it off, the box will frag).  So you can do it the LCLK switch method or you can use mine... whatever works for you.

I take no credit for anything except following in other's footsteps.  Thanks to teamXecuter and everyone else who jumbled all this crap together for us!

Good luck all,
Rustmonkey

This post has been edited by Rustmonkey: Nov 14 2004, 11:18 PM <

Deathman

• Archived User
2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »

Thanks for putting this tut together ... gonna give it a go now...  biggrin.gif   <

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

givin this a bump so all can see it smile.gif  Saw a few questions about it....  <

saber 63

• Archived User
2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

Hey dude thank you so much you saved my ass. I cant thank you enough for all your help. Now time to closer up and get all the software FTPed on. ( This i can do ) thank you again. Oh and i agree that this should be pinned.
thanks again -saber 63  <

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
2.2 On 1.6 Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

One more bump... gonna try to submit this as a tutorial...  <