xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 / Boot Disk  (Read 67 times)

bgtfamily

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 / Boot Disk
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

I've installed X2 4986 latest xecuter bios and when the chip is enabled the xecuter 2 logo shows instead of the MS logo so I think the bios is installed correctly.  I would like to install the EvolutionX dashboard or atleast be able to load the boot disk.  After the X logo screen, it will show the default MS dashboard.  I've already created the boot disk and have inserted it like the tutorial says, and turned the xbox on and off, but I receive the following error.  Disc not recognized, Please insert an Xbox game, DVD Title, or Audio CD.  I would like to know how to be able to boot the disk.  Any help is appretiated.  Thanks

Quality

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 / Boot Disk
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

Did you make a Xbox ISO of the evox files? If so, try to burn the iso on a CD-RW at lowest speed! If you don't know if it's booting from the chip or not, try to flash the chip with a color modded bios. In that way to always see if the chip is working.

wweboy

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 / Boot Disk
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

don't make an iso. It's much easier just to make a dummy file and then toss the evox files and burn. What program are you using? I suggest nero if your not already using it. If you are make sure your using UDF good luck man.