xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3 Switch Lan Led  (Read 151 times)

nortnil

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

I have used only blue LED's on my xbox and would like to keep the color scheme the same.  I just recently installed my X3 and love it except for the lan LED.  I was wondering if I could just replace it with one of the ones off an old broken (my friend destroyed it, not Xecuter's fault) 2.2 chip?  If not does anyone know where else I can order an LED like that?  Also, I've never soldered an LED like those in before.  Is there anything special I should know?

ehosin

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

hey,

what you could do is get some clear blue film (e.g. from a roses/quality street wrapper), just enough to cover the lan LED and put it in between the lan LED and the plastic cover of the x3 switch (the cover comes off, so no problem).

This is a bit n00b-ish but it works and you dont need to hassle yourself soldering, desoldering and resoldering leds

Ehosin

nortnil

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that will give me the same color as the rest of them.  I would like to keep it exactly the same color if possible.  What I plan on doing is flush mounting the switch where the eject/power buttons are, and wiring up both the hdd light and the lan light to the HDD so they both blink because I already have two HDD lights installed in the lower right and left corner of my box (both go to the same hdd...i like symetry what can I say).  Then move the switches.  

P.S. I tried to desolder one of the lights off of the old chip and even after the solder was gone it wouldn't come up.  Seems like it is glued there.  Maybe i just didn't get enough off.  Anyone else know?

nortnil

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

Anyone else have an idea?

nortnil

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

:(

ebphondaprelude

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

sometimes them leds can be a pain in the a§§
if you have an old cell phone take it apart and practice with those
G/L

nortnil

• Archived User
X3 Switch Lan Led
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

Ok, I'll give that a try.  Do you know if the lights off of the old chip will work?