xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Type Of Modchip On 1.6 ?  (Read 133 times)

bevguy

• Archived User
What Type Of Modchip On 1.6 ?
« on: October 09, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

Hello.

New to modchips so I hope this doesnt sound to newbish.

I have a 1.6 and have looked at several modchips but wasent sure which one I should get. I'll give some information on how the Xbox will be used.
The modchip will be on all the time
The Hard Drive will be upgraded to 120GB
I would Rather do a Solder install of the modchip (Although if there is a dependable No-Solder Choice I will go that way)
Avalaunch will be the Dashboard.

Oh ... And Live will never be used

Thanx
 :beer: BevGuy :beer:

basso4735

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »

uhhh, any 4 gen modchip i guess. I would go with the X3 because its the newest chip out there, and i like Xecuter  :D

Modiller

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 02:43:00 AM »

hey

I would recomend the xecuter3 I did 4 modchip installations this week all with the xecuter3 modchip and 3/4 Xbox's were 1.6's. So I can strongly recomend you to the xecuter3 for your 1.6 motherboard. It's also the best chip on the market with the most features!!

You cannot use solderless on a 1.6 sorry

Great choice on the dashboard I love Avalaunch

After you stick in your 120GB I recomend finding slayers auto installer and poping that in to automaticlly install all your new dashs/apps

If you order a Xecuter3 from this website I work at you'll recieve free shipping. Also while ordering in the coupon section if you enter in Columbus you'll recieve a extra 5% off. And YES these two offers can be combined! heres the excact lnk to the Xecuter3 http://www.chipdealer.com/proddetail.php?prod=Xecuter3

mcfly88

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 03:25:00 AM »

Hey Modiller, can you offer up any advice for an X3/1.6 install? I'm fixing to do one next week and have read a few tutorials, however they are not all exactly the same.

Other than the usual install procedure, whad does one with a 1.6 have to do on top of the reguar install?

McFly

This post has been edited by mcfly88 on Oct 10 2004, 10:26 AM

MadMachinery

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

BUMP

I attempted my very first n3wb13 modchip install with the X3 and a 1.6.  It doesn't work and I know it's because I still have the 5v wire sitting right here in front of me.  Plus, the fact that I solder like a 4-yr-old writing in cursive doesn't help.

Has anyone found a walkthrough-type installation guide for this specific combination?  One would assume the X3/1.6 thing will be commonplace soon, no?

Modiller, hook a n3wb13 up!

Modiller

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 04:09:00 AM »

it'll be released within a week im sure of :) I know they're just adding the finished touches for the 1.0-1.5 installation and most of the pics they had to make/take are the same.

remember buy through my signature (just click the text under the pic) and get FREE fedex shipping and while ordering in the coupon section if you type in Columbus you'll get a extra 5% OFF!!! These specials CAN be combined together to

Modiller

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

you have to rebuild the lframe  <_<

mcfly88

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

Well, I've found two common techniques that differ by one solder point. LPC 9 is run to another contact in one method, not in the other.

Picture A: (4 LPC)

(IMG:http://www3.telus.net/mcfly/TE-16rebuild_solderedSMALL.jpg)

Picture B: (5 off the LPC)

(IMG:http://www3.telus.net/mcfly/rebuild2-SMALL.jpg)

Some tell you to do nothing with pii 9, some say not solder the 3.3v and pull it right out, while other don't say any anything at all. I assume this is a fairly important thing to sort out.  :(

Which do you recommend?

McFly

This post has been edited by mcfly88 on Oct 10 2004, 08:59 PM

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

The 3.3v is NOT needed for xecutor chips since they use the 5v, those guides were ripped off from xenium (well they copied em).  The 3.3v does nothing for an xecutor so you don't have to solder it on.  Make sure you use the alt 5v tho.

light-blade

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (mcfly88 @ Oct 10 2004, 07:14 PM)
Well, I've found two common techniques that differ by one solder point. LPC 9 is run to another contact in one method, not in the other.

Picture A: (3 LPC)

(IMG:http://www3.telus.net/mcfly/TE-16rebuild_solderedSMALL.jpg)

they look the exact same... if u look at the one u claim has 3... you'll see a thin piece of wire going accross that 3mm gap

mcfly88

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Sorry, my bad... it's 4 solder points on one and 5 on the other. Must have been drunk when I wrote that...

I think it's been answered though - thanks Xbox-Scene forum!!!

McFLy

MadMachinery

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

AMEN!  Team Xecuter posted a nice installation guide for us 1.6 users.  :D