xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 3 Intstalled On V1.6  (Read 231 times)

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Intstalled On V1.6
« on: October 09, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »

This is a quote from the xecuter install tutorial.

Connect up your DVD Rom and Hard Drive to the Xbox motherboard and then plug in your AV cable. Now power up the Xbox with a quick tap of the power button. If you have followed everything correctly you should get a bright blue X3 logo on your switch panel. This means that the mod is booting from the main 2MB Flash Rom and everything is functioning correctly. Your TV screen should show FlashBIOS v3.x. To test disabling the mod simply press and hold the power button until the X3 Logo shines bright red. It shouldn't be longer than a second. You will now see your Xbox booting with the X3 disabled and the TV screen should show your Xbox booting up as normal with the Green X Logo.  To test booting from your 256k backup Flash Rom you need to press BOTH your power button and eject button at the same time. The X3 logo should sine bright purple (a mix between the Blue and Red LED's). Your TV screen should show FlashBIOS v3.x

Every thing works how it says here, lighting and also the lan and hard drive lights up. there is no bios flash on the screen to guide me further. What do I do next. Please help, I am tired and can't think anymore.  :beer:
 http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin1015.htm

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »

what do you get when you powerup?  frag?  normal boot?

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »

with a long push on the power button i boot fine to the normal xbox dash. on the quick push i get the blue light and the xbox turns on and searches for a disk for a few seconds and then nothing. I don't get anything on the screen if the mod is on.  This is with all switches to the left and also if I press and hold the power and eject at the same time to enable the backup 256k. aarrrrggggggg.

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »

Are you getting two lights on the x3 chip?  I had this problem, then I realized my 5v wasn't plugged in (1.6).

AlTheKiller

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »

try booting with out the x3 front plate attached.  i never hooked it up when i first installed mine.  not sure if the problem lies here or not but its worth a try.

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

Good point.  In reading up, it looked like lots of people had problems becuase their wires were pinched by the mobo.  If this happens, you run the risk of frying your chip.  Make sure you're not getting pinched anywhere, and yeah...try the boot w/o the face plate thing...

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

Thanks all. But I expected problems and I didn't seal anything up. The hdd and dvd are almost flopping in the wind. :D  But the 5v is atached nicely. I redid the LCP build so the 3.3 was not attached and I still am able to boot to ms dash when chip is off. The light is red at that point.  HDD and Lan lights still active though. With a quick push on the power the mod shows that it is enabled buy going to blue. Hdd and lan still active. Unable to connect to the chip via http and also tried putting a bios.bin (x3 v1.6) and that did not work.

1. What should the dip switches be at for the cromwell bios to show?
2.  I noticed before I even installed the chip that the white X on the chip had little brown circular (almost scorchmarks) on the bottom left of the X. The side where the red wire 2 prong goes to the font of the box. Is that common like a stamp of approval or a messed up chip.
3.  Where can I find a pic of bios banks and dip switches.

You guys and girls are the best. I thank all your hard work and support. :beer:

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

This is the rebuild I used for the v1.6 on the LCP.

http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/16...ld_soldered.jpg

This post has been edited by drunkenmonk on Oct 9 2004, 09:56 AM

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 03:10:00 AM »

well, that's the right lpc rebuild that I used.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you need both power points on the chip, or it may damage the chip.  I think that's what the 2 lights are.  Did you get the two lights when the chip was in?

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

woah, wait a minute...that's not the lpc rebuild I used................but it may still work.  Let me find mine....hold on.

http://www.baldbouncer.btinternet.co.uk/rebuild2.jpg

Okay, but as I understand, the x3 only needs four of the lpc's...so your diagram is probably right and I just did a little overkill...

This post has been edited by Vandiemen911 on Oct 9 2004, 10:12 AM

nortnil

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 05:56:00 AM »

How are you connected to your TV?  Component or Composite?

basso4735

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

ok, so both of those lpc diagrams worked? because i would trust the team xecuter one anyway

v8stealth

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (Vandiemen911 @ Oct 9 2004, 03:15 AM)
Are you getting two lights on the x3 chip?  I had this problem, then I realized my 5v wasn't plugged in (1.6).

what if i only get one light on the x3?

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

How are you connected to your TV? Component or Composite?

Yep. Me a dumbass.. Hooked up the regular cables and I see the flash screen.. Man... I thought of doing that last night but I was sooo tired and frustrated. Thanks all.   :beer:

Vandiemen911

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

hah, glad you got it to work...I was thinking about that as I went ot sleep...remembered something about there being a 480p bug or something.  Congrats!  And to the question about only getting one light...check your points, you're missing power (there are two power sources, correc tme if I'm wrong: 3.3v form the LPC and 5v from the mobo)