xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Odd Problem With Error 5  (Read 130 times)

joe90

• Archived User
Odd Problem With Error 5
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

I have modded about 10 xboxes now and they all have worked fine..

I normally (after solding inthe chip and flashing):

1) boot of superdisk
2) format
3) install orginal dash +unleashX+apps+games
4) check all works

Now, in all the ones I have tried before i never locked the drive (includeing mine of 2 years) and the msdash always boots (even with the Starwars update).

I decided to go on live the other day so locked my drive (configmagic) and this works fine.

Now, I did a box today and locked the drive before i tryed to boot with the chip off to the orginal dash and I get a error 5..  

Thats the olny difference I locked the drive before I tried loading the msdash? ANy ideas.. , and why did I never get this before with my dash and an unlocked drive?

This post has been edited by joe90 on Oct 8 2004, 10:36 PM

babyoche

• Archived User
Odd Problem With Error 5
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (joe90 @ Oct 8 2004, 04:35 PM)
I have modded about 10 xboxes now and they all have worked fine..

I normally (after solding inthe chip and flashing):

1) boot of superdisk
2) format
3) install orginal dash +unleashX+apps+games
4) check all works

Now, in all the ones I have tried before i never locked the drive (includeing mine of 2 years) and the msdash always boots (even with the Starwars update).

I decided to go on live the other day so locked my drive (configmagic) and this works fine.

Now, I did a box today and locked the drive before i tryed to boot with the chip off to the orginal dash and I get a error 5..  

Thats the olny difference I locked the drive before I tried loading the msdash? ANy ideas.. , and why did I never get this before with my dash and an unlocked drive?

make sure your fan is connect it because i use to get the same error and it was my fan.

Modiller

• Archived User
Odd Problem With Error 5
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

is it stock HD? or upgraded one if its upgraded one maybe that HD isnt a lockable/unlockable one

joe90

• Archived User
Odd Problem With Error 5
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

The fans ok.. It works.. I can hear it and adjust the speed.

If I put the original drive back in it boots the msdash no problems, chip on or off.
Im going to put my drive in and see what happens.. After unlocking it..

But any idea why mine and 8 others will boot to msdash without locking the drive and this one won't

All running the same chip (apart from mine) and the same bios across the board..

joe90

• Archived User
Odd Problem With Error 5
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »

hmmm if I unlock my working orignal xbox then it doesn;t now boot to the dash unlocked with the chip off.

You must have to load the ms dash at least once before locking the drive i guess.
Getting few more today, so I will check and see.

Anyone else had a the same issue?