xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Linux Disto?  (Read 61 times)

Master Reefed

• Archived User

• Archived User
Best Linux Disto?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

i would completely agree - i know little about linux overall, but i have installed both xdsl and gentoox on the xbox with success - even got xdsl to boot into HD...very nice...

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Best Linux Disto?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(mp5user @ Mar 13 2007, 03:56 AM) View Post

One day when Linksboks gets merged into XBMC, XBMC will fit your needs quite well.

there is a thread buried in the forums on the XBMC site, that has upteen pages on this, how to do it, and why they wont "officially" support it.

some have already done this, a buddy of mine set me up with a version of XBMC that had linksboks in it, and wow it worked so well, I only recently updated my XBMC (but kept the zip for the one with linksboks), only because I really have no use for it anymore.

but let me tell you XBMC with linksboks works great, if ya can find it, and figure it out. stream radio, or listen to your own music while browsing, save fav's, history the whole nine yards, no flash or very much java (some basic java).

damn shame hasnt been publicly released though. they say its too buggy, but I have to disagree, cause the version I had(have), worked flawlessly, never once had a problem, used it for months.
good luck finding it though, and I dont think I could legally give it out here, so dont ask!

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Best Linux Disto?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(mp5user @ Mar 14 2007, 01:15 AM) View Post

LinkBoks wasn't polished enough for me Pretty easy to complie, but finding XDK can sometimes be a pain.

isnt a modded XBOX basicly XDK?

and I said it worked good, never said it was "polished"   lol

it is no IE7, thats for sure.