xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb 2.0?  (Read 98 times)

Beestinga

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« on: May 24, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Am I to understand that the team is considering putting USB 2.0 support into the Xecutioner3?  This would be completely sweet because this, coupled with ATI's USB 2.0 All in Wonder video Capture dongle thing would make your xbox a tivo.  I would really like to see this feature.  I could be completely off base, so let me know please.
Thanks,
~Stinga

rms2001

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

I'd really like to see how they will add USB 2.0 when the XBox only supports 1.1.

Also this should be moved to the hardware fourm.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

The LPC port could theoretically used for other devices, other than modchips.  I don't know if a USB2 port is do-able though.

I would imagine that the "USB2.0" specification on the X3 chip is strictly for interfacing with the PC for the purpose of programming the chip.

Beestinga

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

I think this is in the appropriate forum, as it is team xecutioner that is considering doing it with their x3 chip.
Also, it's not impossible.  The USB bus on the xbox is indeed 1.1, but what's to say that a hardware mod couldn't add one?  There's a PCI bus on the xbox motherboard (yes, I know, not an actual plug, but it is my understanding that the xbox motherboard supports the Peripheral Component Interconnect standard.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

i would like to know where you haerd 2.0 for the x3 (xecuter not xecutioner, xecutioners were the cheapmods long ago that chose a name similar to xecuter)

Beestinga

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

USB Speed is a also priority on X3 and has been completely tested on all OS and all versions of xbox. We will make sure it has an optimal USB chipset (not decided on USB 1.1 or 2.0 yet - its a matter of cost vs function)

Sorry for the mess-up of the name.  Quote is from the top sticky in this forum.  Also, discussion of the possibility on the forums of their site.

Beestinga

• Archived User
Usb 2.0?
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

So, yea, anyone know anything about this business?