xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux Fbset Calculator V0.1 Beta  (Read 67 times)

cayotic

• Archived User
Linux Fbset Calculator V0.1 Beta
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

I had to reinstall linux today and I forgot to back up my fbset settings for my Samsung DLP. Frustrated I spent the past 3 hours figuring it out again. In the process I opted to create and excel spreadsheet to do the work for me. Trial and error wasn't going to cut it any more.

I know there is a way to move the screen from the left to the right to center it but I didn't care, I just wanted to see the whole desktop. I will add this if someone cares to explain it to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

In someone's tutorial they claimed the sums (xres+left+right) and the xres/yres had to be devisable by 8. I found this to be false but I could be wrong. I just know it wasn't true in my case.

If someone has any suggestions for this utility please don't hesitate to let me know... I've wanted to contribute something to the scene for a while and I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

http://cayotic.com/files/fbset.xls

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by cayotic: May 6 2006, 01:05 AM

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

Pin this :-D

cayotic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

Updated to version .2 beta.

I added a pair of drop down menus for the reduction factors so you don't have to plug away blindly. Also, if a reduction factor is chosen or entered that makes xres or yres no longer devisable by 8, it will force you to enter a new number.

I left the Xres+left+right and Yres+upper+lower column totals but will probably remove them in the next version. Previously it was thought that they too had to be devisable by 8 but I don't find this to be the case. We need further confirmation/clarification on the matter.

unleashdomainx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »

what do i do with this file?

cayotic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

You use this file to calculate your FBSET. Then you load boot.sh (I think) and input

#fbset 1280 720 1280   720 16 13468 220 70   22 3 80 5

Remove the # to allow the fbset to exicute.

-----------
How come I have notifications enabled but Xboxscene doesn't notify me unless I get a PM?

This post has been edited by cayotic: Jul 16 2006, 06:41 PM

jm63

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

Hi,
the link to download the fbset calculator dont work (timeout). Can you help?
Thanks.