xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gentoox Loader v6.02 and more ...  (Read 26 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Gentoox Loader v6.02 and more ...
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

Gentoox  Loader v6.02 and more ...

downlowfunk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Jan 27 2006, 08:17 PM) View Post

<p><strong>Gentoox  Loader v6.02 and more ...</strong>
-- Posted by XanTium on January 27 14:10 EST

From ShALLaX on gentoox.shallax.com:
Official Site: http://gentoox.shallax.com
Download: <a href="http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=6">here</a>
</p>

just hit a pawn shop they always got 1.5s and below.  If its money then Frig it the xbox is obsolete anyway.

bollywood

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(downlowfunk @ Jan 27 2006, 11:32 PM) View Post

just hit a pawn shop they always got 1.5s and below.  If its money then Frig it the xbox is obsolete anyway.

yep,sadly you be right one day,but then on the other hand do not forget not everyone is so fortunate as you
that they can go and buy the new xbox 360  and dupm the old.I am sure all round the world there are lots of people
are glad new xbox 360 is out
And now some of them can at last afford the old xbox as they are much cheaper now and the damn games
for xbox game cost where so high,that in some countries  you will have to work 2 months just to buy a game.
so atleast it good news for them.Even i myself wanted to try some cool xbox games but i thaught the price was high
not at last i can get 6 games for the price of 1 second hand,and i am enjoying and catching on games i missed,
So yes its true xbox be dead one day,but infact for a while there will be more interest i noticed this as all the xboxes
sold new people are buying new or second hand very cheap now and games.

So for all the reasons above we will have more interest in old xbox as new people are buying xboxes which
they could not afford before,hence you see here on xbox-scene how many newbiees with there xboxes
are coming here to ask about xbox linux at last they can join in the fun and learning.

so xbox old be here for a wile as all thoes millions of xboxes sold do not get put in bins people
who were not fortunate then are buying now and enjoy cheap gaming.

So you see when you look at the big picture things look different,and if you rise above all that
you will noticed not all of us can afford the latest gadgets,etc,but be glad others can now enjoy
what we take for granted,so one mans rubbish is onother mans treasure.

So here is a reason alone i still do sxb xbox linux,plus i bet you one day when when linux get working
on xbox 360 90 percent of methods we here test and ideas  for that will come from us doing
linux for old xbox.

yep xbox be dead but not for a long while yet.

msknight

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(bollywood @ Jan 28 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

yep xbox be dead but not for a long while yet.

I'll second that!  I just bought my first X-box a few months ago after I saw what the modded version can do.  I'm now catching up on games like The Simpsons Hit and Run, NFSU, I-Ninja and all sorts of great titles ... and I know there are follow ups.  I'll admit that I only bought it once I found out what a modded X-Box can do, however.  If it was only for the games, I wouldn't have bothered with one.  It plays all my avi files straight to the widescreen TV from computr shares, RM files included, with no DRM hassles.  Beautiful.  pop.gif

... and I've also just discovered this great site and forum to boot.  X-Box life just gets better.  biggrin.gif  

From what I've read about the 360 faults and problems, it was released way too soon for its own good, and it probably won't reach its pinacle until after the modders have unlocked its real capabilities. laugh.gif

Michelle

msknight

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »

Forgot to add ... work are training me in *nix, so I intend to get tangled up in Gentoo on the Xbox in the near future ... when I can scrabble together another hard drive from somewhere.  One of my friends is a long time X-box head and we're going to join dandruft to explore it.

Michelle.