xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gentoox Resctoox v2.4  (Read 32 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Gentoox Resctoox v2.4
« on: January 25, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »

Gentoox Resctoox v2.4-- Posted by XanTium on January 25 20:29 EST
ShALLaX released a new version of Gentoox Resctoox(info) v2.4:

Some may consider this a major new feature. After some great testing by Carlewy I have managed to add native G support to the native conversion script found in Resctoox. The native conversion script allows a loopback E: installation to be moved natively to F: and now to G:. For this to work on a G: partition you must (obviously) have a G partition, and the F/G partition MUST exist at the 137GB boundary. I do not recommend using the 'g' option on a drive smaller than 160GB. The theory has been tested but the final script has NOT so its released largely on a "suck-it-and-see" basis. Any comments are most welcome!

You can grab it from here. The netboot packlet has also been updated (though this update will need some time to propagate through the SourceForge mirrors - dont be shocked if you still see it booting Resctoox v2.3 for a while yet).

Official Site: http://gentoox.shallax.com/
Download: here

bucko

• Recovered User
Gentoox Resctoox v2.4
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

I do not recommend using the 'g' option on a drive smaller than 160GB

So I assume a 160GB drive is alright then because my main Xbox has it? Not that I'm bothered cause I have Gentoox Pro on my second Xbox that has a 120GB in it anyway but I'm just wondering if it would work on my G partition on my 160GB Xbox.

This post has been edited by bucko: Jan 26 2006, 04:23 PM