xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X-dsl V0.5  (Read 219 times)

alg5

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

does anyone know where to find a good linux 2.4 xbox kernel source ?
the one for xdsl on downloading section of xbox linux sourceforge doesn't work sad.gif
it failed to load the loopback and the tux logo looks screwed sad.gif

if there are people from xdsl here, i would appreciate their help for getting a good xbox linux kernel source  smile.gif

ze_olc

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

There seems to be a bug with loopback install where xdsl cant find loopback file upon reboot (after install). it reboots with default (live) settings each time...

candyflopflees

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Ive used xdsl 0.5 since yesterday and now when a turned on my xbox and started xdsl it says something about my superblock was damages and i had to fix it myself and then reboot by pressing ctrl - D.

After smoking a bong a thought the best ide was to install the version before xdsl 0.5 and this one works fine.  

Before the 0.5 version a had the version that i have now, so when a starting now a can choose 3 loopback installs, but only the third (the one before 0.5) works..

I like xdsl like it is now but the thing on the deskop with the little ,,,  yeah thoose where pretty cool  jester.gif

ze_olc

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Before the 0.5 version a had the version that i have now, so when a starting now a can choose 3 loopback installs, but only the third (the one before 0.5) works..

what do you mean by 3 options?

candyflopflees

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

There are 3 "loopback install" options on the screen. The first is the old version of xdsl, the second is
the new version and the third is the old one, the one that im using now and thats the only one that works.

Edit:  its like:

#loopback install
#loopback install
#loopback install

no other ..  information? on the "options"

Master Reefed

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

when ya do a loopback install, all ya have to do is copy "linux24" from the root of E into the knoppix folder, then your loopback install will boot....I just wish the mydsl apps (Java for instance) would install as easy as they do with frugal install...I have to use the "mydsl" button in emelFM everytime I reboot to get java to work....I tried apt-get for java to no avail...so everytime I wanna load up limewire, or go to yahoo games...I gotta do this. no biggie (im sure there is another way, but it isnt to bad like this  smile.gif

Great job with the new version! KEEP it up please!

Master Reefed

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »

I typed all this from a loopback install on 0.5.

Im getting "please mount optional" or something on shutdown and it doesnt like to shutdown, but other than that it works great

cayotic

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

I switched from XDSL after I couldn't get Xebian to install successfully. It freezes during bootup right when it should prompt for a method of startup; CD, FATX, or Ethernet. I was quick to place the blame on my HDTV as it seemed to load fine on my other Xbox connected via composite to a 21" TV. The correct answer is that XDSL 0.5 hangs during boot if I either my mouse or Keyboard is connected. After I choose which boot method I am free to connect my USB devices.

As you can expect, this problem will be an inconvenience. Especially since I installed Win98, as per the PSPhacks tutorial, and have had to reboot a lot since it too hangs during the boot process. Could my USB devices be drawing too much memory?

The other problem I face is that HDTV’s do not support the VOC and HOC corrective percentages used to fix the inability to protect against over scan. I did find this thread to help correct the problem using ssh but this procedure is relatively new to me.

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t377567.html

As of right now, what I really would like fixed and or explained is the freeze during boot up of XDSL caused by the connectivity of USB devices.

Thanks,

alg5

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(cayotic @ Jan 12 2006, 04:28 AM) View Post

As of right now, what I really would like fixed and or explained is the freeze during boot up of XDSL caused by the connectivity of USB devices.

this is an issue with kromwell ( the xbe used to launch linux ): he freeze when there are too much usb devices.
so every distribution has this problem.

friedgold

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joshua Wood @ Jan 24 2006, 06:46 AM) View Post

Just been mucking around with this rls, good stuff. At least my usb camera works again now wink.gif However, I've found that this line in the fstab (I'm also using the cheatcode nofstab):
/dev/sda1 /mnt/camera vfat noauto,users,rw,umask=000,uid=1001,gid=50 0 0
causes this error at startup:
modprobe: modprobe: can't locate block-major-8
umount: /mnt/camera: not mounted

It's trying to load the module for SCSI support (block-major-8) but failing. That's because there is no module - support is compiled directly into the kernel. Not sure exactly what's trying to load it though.
It's like it's trying to mount it at boot, but isn't noauto supposed to stop this?

Yes it should - I'm not sure why isn't in this case.

Also, I note that something at boot auto mounts hda55 to hda55. I'd like this to stop, but I'm guessing it's because of the swap file? Can I edit some file at least to get it to mount to /mnt/xbox-f?

Are you also booting from hda55 or is the swap file on it's own partition? If it's on it's own partition you should be able to just edit /etc/fstab if you want a different mount point for F.

realjobe

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(dyounessi @ Dec 22 2005, 01:09 AM) View Post

I found out how to make it work. Thanks

I've got another question, what's the best Linux to use on the XBOX?????? Something that's easy and stuff.
I Think X-DSL 0.5 is very quick easy to use and fast. On the other hand I have major problems to change the keyboard layout to finnish (or swedish). Despite the linuxboot.cfg add "lang=fi" this does not do the trick. On system information app System says on the hardware tab finnish locales etc, but I think X11 is not effected.
How to make this keymap change? blink.gif

ForTiLLiaN

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

With XDsl would i be able to run the current items i run from xebian? (Smaba, Swat, Torrentflux, php4, mysql) ?

xian_pu

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I have a problem with XDSL v0.5 sad.gif
Before I upgraded my HDD i could attach my USB HDD/DVD-+RW DL now instead of sda/sda1 it displays sda1, sda2, sda3 & sda4 none of which mount at all.
I have 2 Xboxs with the same EEPROM 1 TSOP & 1 Softmod Both HDDs are Locked I swapped HDDs the small one works just fine. If someone can help with a fix I would be very grateful.

SKiLLs

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(emko @ Dec 21 2005, 08:27 AM) View Post

this is a linux so all u have to do is install this

Samething happens to me, i can't fingure it out.

SKiLLs

• Archived User
X-dsl V0.5
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »

Well i can't edit above sorry.

But mine freezes after determining my DVD reader.. I tried both burning it to a DVD+R and it reads it and freezes at after reading my DVD-Rom then i tried putting it on the E:\ and i get the same thing.

Any help would be nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3