xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.3b Lite+ Install Problem  (Read 169 times)

scampion

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.3b Lite+ Install Problem
« on: February 20, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

Ok, heres the deal, I installed a Xecuter 2.3b lite+ in my Xbox according to all of the instructions on the Xecuter web page. All of the LEDs light up when its disabled, thats the 2 blues and 1 green on the chip. The switch is installed and working. I have not flashed the bios yet. After I enable the chip, the xbox turns on,off,on,off,on and then just flashes red and green with nothing on the screen. Could this be because there is not bios on the chip? I know its rare but thats all I can think of. I read on the Xecuter web site about this same problem and they said that you should just wiggle the chip around, I tried for an hour and had no luck. If anyone knows a good trick or a great tutorial or anything, I will be forever in your debt. And by the way the Xbox is a 1.1 and I bought the chip from www.console-corner.com Thank you!  <

maxgeek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »

The xbox is fragging (red, green, red, restart, etc) because the pins on the LPC aren't connected right, but the d0 is good. Those blue LED's on the xecuter lite + aren't perfect. I would undo the screw a little bit and allow yourself to wiggle the pins over the lpc connections. You will have to just keep trying. It took me forever to get the lite + to work too.   <

Rob155

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »

I think he's asking if Fragging is possible from bad bios or bios not being read (such as bank reading not selected). In my experience, I would say YES, it is possible. Mine fragged, and my bank switch for reading the newly installed flash was not set. So it fragged, I corrected the bank switch and it was fine. With no wiggling, resoldering, shifting bumping or grinding. So if the bank switch was the cause of not being able to read bios, than I imagine a bad bios could give the same results.  <

Damessiah

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

You could have been sold a dead chip (ie where someone has buggered up a flash and probably sent it back), and theyve shipped it off to you.

You either want to return it (its a bit iffy you cant prove you didnt bugger it up), or you can buy an external programmer ( £15) or you can hot swap it with a working chip. Hot swapping involves taking out a working chip and installing the dud one while the XBOX is running, then flashing with evoX or whatever.  <

ehosin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

two of my friends' chips had this frag problem due to a bad flash of cromwell when they recieved it, so i used the HOTSWAP method (put in a chip with a working bios on it, load evox disk (i used slayers), take out chip, insert your dead fragging chip and choose the bios flash option....)... Theres a tutorial on Xbox-scene called  'how to flash a dead modchip' or something - PM me if you need more info... I doubt the LPC is incorrectly aligned because you're getting all the lights when the chip is disabled...

Ehosin  <

scampion

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

Ok, after further examination of my chip, it looks like one of the LPC points is stuck insided of its casing, you know how there are six of them, well one of them is stuck up and I would assume it isnt making a connection, unless one of them is suppost to be like that. Im not sure, but im at school and without alot of trouble dont really have access to a soldering iron. Does anyone know of a good way to get that out or if its suppost to be like that, because i really dont want to send the chip back.  <

Muntzster

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

try pushing on the other side of the chip when its on move it around a little

thats what i did  <