xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xwine.dsl  (Read 264 times)

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

(cant configure from winelauncher(says cant find wineconfig or a file it needs(i made a blank doc called wineconfig and stuff got wrote into it so im not sure what its looking for) and dont know how to configure it any other way)

In my last post i told you not to use winelauncher (DON"T USE IT! ;-) )

second did you close everything after install starcraft? IE stracraft update and stuff..

third and very important do you have a swap file? If no then it will not work.. You'll need to make at least a 128 mb swap file for it to work properly

mod_n00b

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

smile.gif

mod_n00b

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

ok i made the swap file and redid the installation up to the point of doing         wine install.exe
where the play starcraft window came up, so then i tried to run bwloader.exe and in bas i still get the err:virtual mem crap but starcraft doesnt, it comes up with another similar window saying that i need to switch video modes to 640x480 and color pallete to 256 colors.... arent tv's by default 640x480? i dont have hi def or anything maybe theres something i didnt do?..

well the insert cd window didnt come up but im not sure it ever got that far this time so help stil with that to!

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

You might be running in 800x600.. i wish i had more time to help fix this issues (hell i havn't turned on the xbox in a week) I'm prepareing for my trip and time is getting shorter and shorter.. Perhaps i could create a intensive step by step procedure on getting SC working.. This includes the loopback to the swap to video and installing wine.. I'll look in to this futher when i get back.. Expect somthing closer to the end of the month or early september..

Unfortually i will be soon i will be unable to contrube as much as i must return to school. I will be taking 18 credit hours and working a full time job.. (as well as playing father) I wanna say i love the scene and i will try to check in from time to time to offer as much help as i can as well as work on developemnt on XDSL. I figured now would be the best time to tell the community.. I ask the community to still support XDSL this includes adding to the wiki http://x-dsl.org and joining our newly formed mailing list. http://groups-beta.g...SL-Linux?lnk=oa . School will not start for me until september 21st.

mod_n00b

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

any one else know how to change the resolutions in XDSL ?

mod_n00b

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

any one else had sucess in running starcraft on the box? some advice would be very apreciated

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

yea sorry my server has been down for a while and will stay down.. Everything i make now will be placed on x-dsl.org.. Here ya go.. http://www.x-dsl.org...loads/xwine.dsl

top_shotta89

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

mmm   question how do i use wine  i download it and mydsl it and my ram and cpu usage whent up so what do i do know

Gibn101

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2006, 11:55:00 PM »

does anyone know how to edit a lnk on the x-dsl desktop and have it work. i edited one for xwine and it does nothing. i have checked the link over and over. i dunno whats the problem

4real*leb

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

When i type in mydsl-load xwine.dsl or mydsl-load (location of file) it comes upo with a error message saying "Please mount media containing opt dir the try again" why is it saying this, i know it is not doing this just becauseof xwine because when i try to download uci files it says the same thing. Whats going on?

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »

pm me if ya cant find it

donofrio

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »

So does this mean I can install IE or win32 firefox and flash9/10 will play on my xdsl loopback setups...

f34rther34pr

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »

the link is broken. pls someone give me a link 2 get xwine. sc is my fav game and i want 2 play it on my xbox

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »

Dozer80

• Archived User
Xwine.dsl
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

yes it was, thank you very much Idotsfan.
Pages: 1 2 [3]