xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Controller As Mouse And Joypad  (Read 35 times)

guyblade

• Archived User
Xbox Controller As Mouse And Joypad
« on: July 13, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

I have recently install Xebian 1.03 on my version 1.0 Xbox using the MechInstaller Softmod. The install went well and everything seems to be going fine. I intend to use the box to (among other things) run a SNES emulator to replace my aging Super Nintendo. As such, I was hoping that someone could point me to a location where I could find instructions on using the controller both as a Mouse (to do Linux-y things) and as a Joypad (to play a good game of Final Fantasy III).

As it currently stands, I am able to use the controller as a mouse in X Windows. When I attempt to configure it for use in snes9x; however, there is great difficulty as the presses that I cause to configure it and the presses I cause to navigate the configuration get confused. Would using a secondary controller ease this pain?

I am also unable to set the shoulder buttons for L and R, but I believe this may be due to the fact that they are analog buttons.

I have also attempted to use dgen to play my old genesis games and again I am frustrated by the inability to map the xbox controller buttons onto the dgen gamepad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.