xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mounting Xbox Partitions - Howto  (Read 393 times)

cayotic

• Archived User
Mounting Xbox Partitions - Howto
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

I'm stuck from the word go. This is the reason I couldn't install Xebian and went with xDSL. I opened up aTerminal that is located on the desktop and type SU; however, I can not type my root password. In fact no letters will be displayed. All I can press is enter, in which case I get, authentication failure.

I am using a Wireless Keyboard mouse on a frugal install of Linux-Xdsl 0.5. I tried the virtual keybaord located on the desktop as well. no luck...

I was wondering if I could install Linux on the F drive just so I would have access to my music that is located on that partition.  I shouldn't need to if I can mount the damn drive.

Any suggestions?

Cloudie

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 05:06:00 AM »

I'm also having the mount F problem detailed above - I mount /dev/hda55 to /mnt/F, but when I do an ls I get a page of ascii characters...

/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part55 on /mnt/F type fatx (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=000)

xebian:/mnt# ls /dev/hda5*
/dev/hda50  /dev/hda51  /dev/hda52  /dev/hda53  /dev/hda54  /dev/hda55

When I look at the partitions in the Avalaunch XBox Explorer, F appears as partition6.

Any ideas?

John.
--

JustinT9669

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cloudie @ Feb 23 2006, 05:13 AM) View Post

I'm also having the mount F problem detailed above - I mount /dev/hda55 to /mnt/F, but when I do an ls I get a page of ascii characters...
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part55 on /mnt/F type fatx (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=000)

I have the same problem. Do you think the F drive will be readable if I set the F drive to mount on boot?

btw, my F drive is over 137GB. My bios and other specs are below.

here is a screenshot:

Emelfm
IPB Image

ls /mnt/hda55 in the terminal
IPB Image

bunchadumbguys

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

^ That is exactly what happens to me as well, but I've never seen anybody offer a solution for it. My F drive is just a bunch of gibberish, while my C drive displays fine, and at one point my E did as well... although even that won't display now. dry.gif

pceptimus

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

hi i using x-dsl this tutorial worked mounted my partitions great i can access them no probs but when i restart they disapear any ideas how to make them stay on perminantly cheers.

pceptimus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

NM got it working tongue.gif

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

hey, whenever I do that mounting thing in the first post, xdsl only mounts hda50, even though I typed in hda55. When I type in "mount" in the terminal, I only see my E drive mounted. In emelf, there is nothing in hda55 or anything else rather except hda50

UPDATE: fixed it, see here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=594700

ferjero989

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »

hey maybe ya can help me---
i wante dto rescue some files from the F partition in the xbox hdd..
i succesifully mounted an additional hdd to be able to copy the files.. but i takes too long to pass it trough...
i need to enable the dma thing and also increase the bus speed...
my board i think is running at 133mhz not quite sure tho... but i can find out... so.. how i do this so i can recue those files faster
Pages: 1 [2]