xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing X2.3 Pro With X2 Bios Manager  (Read 137 times)

pedro

• Archived User
Flashing X2.3 Pro With X2 Bios Manager
« on: February 19, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

Okayt I got a bad flash on my x2.3b pro so I am trying to use x2 bios manager to reflash it via th eincluded programmer,
x2bm recognizes the chip, and even says it is successfully flashed but when I turn the xbox on I still get three reboots and then FRAG

I am using executer 4977 bios is this a problem?  <

xPRimNT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Did you just install it?

It sounds like a bad install, check your solder points.

My buddy and I did a couple mods this week, and we had the same thing happen, but it turned out we soldered one of the LPC points in the wrong slot.  <

pedro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

I am pretty sure the install is good because I had it booting cromwell originally and it worked fine.  It didnt start fragging until I tried to flash it.

I even tried using x2bm to flash it with crowell and it still gives me three boots and FRAG

this is pissin me off.
Ive never had so much trouble out a of a fuckin mod chip as I have with this one

also, if the install were bad wouldnt it give me an error with x2bm?

This post has been edited by pedro: Feb 20 2004, 04:04 AM <

Gizmo2000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »

Have you diconnected the Parallel cable after you have flashed it???
I have had the same problem, but when i disconnected the cable it was ok

<

Rob155

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

as I mentioned in another post of mine. Check the dipswitches FIRST. If you had cromwell running on the screen, and you flashed, and it flashed succesfully (meaning sent it to the xbox and was read by the DVD drive, not it was a good bios or no error during transit) then odds are that RIGHT after you did not set the unprotect to protect, and then set the switch to the correct read bank. Hopefully you haven't changed anything since. Try putting 4 to off, and 3 to on. It worked for me. I had frag just like you describe, and i had gotten the connect to light the LED's, seen the cromwell screen, and seen a flash update bar full up, and then shut down. Problem is, everyone likes to jump to the "IT'S THE LPC", and as I found out, that's not the only thing that causes FRAG. Good luck.  <

pedro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »

rob 155:  well, I have changed the chi psince, I have tried reflashing it x3bm and I still get nothing.  

x2bm shows it to be flashed correctly and that there is no errors but the chi pwont boot.  IF I use x2bm to see what is on the chi p it shows up the bios that i just flashed but it just wont boot.  

Ive tried every dip setting possible and still i get three boots and frag

i really need to get this figured out because this is a friends box  <