xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Clock Problems  (Read 213 times)

mlarj

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« on: February 03, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

The clock on the xbox keeps losing its time, I cannot confirm whether this is down to fitting the chip as I fit the chip within 10 minutes of purchase!

A friend seems to think there is no battery onboard so needs to be kept on the mains else it only manages a couple of hours ???

I have left it plugged in and the same seems to happen.

I have the evox dashboard installed, and noticed a setting :

SNTP_Server   = 216.244.192.3

would this be having an affect ?

I appoligise if this question is in the wrong place.

Does anyone have any ideas ? any help would be appreciated.

Mat

<

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

your friend is right. there is no battery to keep the clock settings, but there are capacitors to hold charge for a short time when the unit is unplugged. if you want to keep your time, you'll have to keep the power cord plugged to the electrical socket. that evox setting should allow your xbox to sync with one of the "time servers" in the world. haven't used it before so i cannot guarantee anything from it.  <

mlarj

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

many thanks for you speedy reply, I can confirm I have left the console plugged in for the last week, and the time didn't seem to be kept.  (this is why I was querying the evox setting, just incase it was over riding something).

<

Frop

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

I am having the same problem, good to know it has no batt. I wasnt sure.... I leave mine plugged in constantly yet it still looses time. Using BIOS x2 4979...  <

sfhuang

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

same problem. And I never pulled out the power plug or switched off the main power! I'm stumped - any ideas, anyone?  <

8itgreat

• Archived User
Clock Problems
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

it happened to me as well...i played with the settings a bit...like having the time server check the time...also i noticed that the date/time format would be different within msdash and evox  one was month/day/year and the other was day/month/year so i just looked in evox settings and chose to swap date...

and all was well...hence now they both read month/day/year as i have an ntsc version xbox  <