xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbox Gps Navigation System  (Read 196 times)

ro8in

• Archived User
Xbox Gps Navigation System
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(zerocover @ Feb 24 2005, 04:08 PM)
Let me point something out peak hp does not matter, its just a gimmik to sell cars, what matters is the area under the torque curve.

So tell me why is it that a 260 hp s2000, the pride off all honda adicts,  runs a 14.9 in the 1/4. Id like to point out that an rx8 of less power does the 1/4 in 14.

See your problem is that youve never driven another car and never felt pure acceleration push you back in the seat, and hold you there. Its an amazing rush.

And dont knock nos, I find its a great power adder. The problem is most hondas cant run a 40 shot without having to rebuild the engine.  With regards to nos the bigger stonger engine will hold more of it.

I know its Torque causing the real accell, but in the end torque and horsepower go along way together.

Also too be honest I dont like the s2000 much anyway. I'd rather have a CIVIC Type-R if you like (I dont know if they sell those in ur country). But that is really a beast of a car.

And with NOS I give you that. Its true bigger engine can handle NOS better. The bigger the engine the stronger it is, that is a fact. I'd never said American cars don't win when it comes to strenght. Its true if you want a car where you feel save in and can crash into a tree with 60mph then yeah go for an american brand for sure.
But i'd like to note that if you do want to NOS a car with a smaller engine then Honda is defently the way to go. From all the smaller engined cars ranging from 1.3 to 2.0, Honda defently has one of the stronger engines. Brands like Opel, Peugot or whatever can't beat that!!

Crash83

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »

Im gonna end this once and for all.... robin....not your fault u have a small... manhood and have to make up for it with a riced out jig rig....

as on the road and on here you've been outmatched, people know more than you. let it go and stop being a pompous know it all ass and take your loss like a semi quazy man.

Chris.

This post has been edited by Crash83: Feb 26 2005, 09:21 AM

HeadBangingMonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

did someone mention gps? ...

krakerx

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »

I come to read about GPS on an XBOX, and read some little kid arguing about his civic.  Bro give it up, seriously, if you haven't noticed, every single post of yours has been either wrong, or completely shot down.  Civics are aluminum pieces of garbage.  BMWs, and Benzs, over seas [that is if you are in the US or Canada], are totally different beasts.  It may cost $4000 US, but is almost like a Chevy in the US.  Not saying that the quality over there is lacking, but in about 70% of the cars that the produce for the Euro market, they are nothing close to here.  Tariffs, and Pollution acts make some of a price difference, but pure power is another.

As for the viper, yeah it's a big engine for 500hp, but get your car to push the torque that car has, and you would be praying that your car had an engine bigger than the size of a shoe box.  A word of advice to get your car a couple extra "horsies" turn it into a flower box, and buy something worth bragging about.

I don't drive anything great, but where I live, all I see is little punks thinking that their car is the shit, and it's the same everywhere, as I can tell by others posts, a f'n civic, with a big ol' spoiler [why god only knows, because it isn't helping anything, but adding a couple pound to the weight], Chrome rims [once again addin weight], and some big headed jackass thinking that he can take anything on the road [weight varies by the mods], but I love watching their faces, in my mirrors, as I wiz past them in my 93 Taurus Wagon [YES WAGON], or when I pull up along side them in my 83 ElDorado, and have them try to pull away.

I can keep going, but this is just what I have to say.  You drive a Civic, not a rocket, give it up, as you can tell, you aren't going to win this battle.

any word on the GPS though?

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(ro8in @ Feb 16 2005, 05:22 PM)
Eh screw you man,

I own a Honda civic and this car rulezzz

I would like to see yo pass my

180bhp 9400rpm 1.6vtec civic.

yeah man you keep hanging those xboxes in, will only make you crash harder when I drive you off the road. Punk

:flame:

My E-DICK is =================================> big

illum

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

any news on the gps?
theres a windows program called mapmonkey which uses destinator 3's map data

Jerry-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 03:46:00 AM »

Sorry to revive an old topic, but yes, I have iGuidance up and running (somewhat unstably) on my xbox under Xebian.  Flawless GPS navigation, it got me from Iowa to Atlanta and back.  Once I've had a chance to go through the setup again with something a bit more lightweight (I'm thinking either DSL or GentooX Pro) I'll post up a tutorial if anyone's interested.  I used iGuidance/Routis, but I don't see why the method I used wouldn't work for any other nav package.

thekuai

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jerry-kun @ Apr 22 2005, 09:16 AM)
Sorry to revive an old topic, but yes, I have iGuidance up and running (somewhat unstably) on my xbox under Xebian.  Flawless GPS navigation, it got me from Iowa to Atlanta and back.  Once I've had a chance to go through the setup again with something a bit more lightweight (I'm thinking either DSL or GentooX Pro) I'll post up a tutorial if anyone's interested.  I used iGuidance/Routis, but I don't see why the method I used wouldn't work for any other nav package.

im a linux noobie...please teach me how! i have usb touchscreen and a xbox in my civic (and no im not a ricer and yes i know its an econocar and not a rocket thats why i got it. also i dont have a bodykit fart can exhuast intake or a dumbass spoiler so dont start flaming me)

i have linux installed...how do i install navigation? (i still need to get a gps device any suggestions?)

Jerry-kun

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

Ha... no judgements here.  I drive a Ford Taurus LS Wagon.

Anyway, what you'll want is a USB GPS mouse, one with a USB-Serial connection.  Since Wine and Qemu (wherever your preference lies as you'll need a way to run windows GPS apps) both support USB-Serial devices as serial ports, but don't support USB natively, you can use one of those as a serial device and it works beautifully.

My suggestion if you'll need software as well is to pick up Deluo's Routis software in a pack with a GPS mouse, it's cheaper that way and I know for fact that the Routis/iGuidance software works perfectly under Wine.

This is essentially the same software package I'm using: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

For the GPS, I'm using a Holux GM-210.  They're really pretty cheap, they lock signals pretty quickly, and they're all-around a pretty good choice, IMO.  Again, it's your choice and I don't see why any other USB-Serial GPS wouldn't work, but I know this one does: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5769311560&rd=1

Right now I'm compiling a GentooX Pro environment I can use to run KQemu, to see if the speed optimizations make any difference in running a full Win98 environment on the xbox.

I'm still a linux noob myself, but I learn quickly and I'm not afraid to screw my install (or hold it together with duct tape) in the interest of getting it right.   :D

thekuai

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jerry-kun @ Apr 24 2005, 07:42 PM)
Ha... no judgements here.  I drive a Ford Taurus LS Wagon.

Anyway, what you'll want is a USB GPS mouse, one with a USB-Serial connection.  Since Wine and Qemu (wherever your preference lies as you'll need a way to run windows GPS apps) both support USB-Serial devices as serial ports, but don't support USB natively, you can use one of those as a serial device and it works beautifully.

My suggestion if you'll need software as well is to pick up Deluo's Routis software in a pack with a GPS mouse, it's cheaper that way and I know for fact that the Routis/iGuidance software works perfectly under Wine.

This is essentially the same software package I'm using: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

For the GPS, I'm using a Holux GM-210.  They're really pretty cheap, they lock signals pretty quickly, and they're all-around a pretty good choice, IMO.  Again, it's your choice and I don't see why any other USB-Serial GPS wouldn't work, but I know this one does: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5769311560&rd=1

Right now I'm compiling a GentooX Pro environment I can use to run KQemu, to see if the speed optimizations make any difference in running a full Win98 environment on the xbox.

I'm still a linux noob myself, but I learn quickly and I'm not afraid to screw my install (or hold it together with duct tape) in the interest of getting it right.   :D

i checked ebay and google and cant find any place that sells them....could you help?

thekuai

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(thekuai @ May 4 2005, 05:22 AM)
i checked ebay and google and cant find any place that sells them....could you help?

i mean the routis software

netdroid9

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »

*Puts hand up*

Motion to delete all three pages of crap about cars by various people that have nothing to do with this topic.

I came here to talk about linux, not about a bunch of people ranting about cars.

The people who bothered to continue on about cars are all as stupid as each other. It takes two to invade a topic with crap.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 03:10:00 AM »

just like to add my own opinion,

the 16 year old with the Honda civic, plesae stfu, your car isnt the best in the world.

Hondas are great cars, i personally love them.  In my family, we have 5 Honda acords, just my dad, my 3 brothers and my sister.

They are great cars, good on econmy, very reliable, and alot more horsepower than most of the family cars here in the uk.

But, they obviously arent performance cars like the fanboy in this thread is trying to make them out to be. sure, the type-r models are.... well... amazing,

well, thats all i gotta say,
Pages: 1 2 [3]