xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Attention: Fake X2.2 Pro Mods On Sale  (Read 1535 times)

mrmodchips

• Archived User
Attention: Fake X2.2 Pro Mods On Sale
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

Especially since there is no way to determine which chips are faulty and which aren't, we'd rather not sell anymore 2.2 pros until we have a solid understanding of the problem

There is not , never has been and hopefully never will be any quality control issues with GENUINE Team Xecuter Devices.

As from your actions of emailing information to Ubergeek this would suggest to me that your 'stock' was not purchased thru the recommend authorised offifical reseller network. If this is the case then your items should be regarded as suspiscious and the items should not be referred to as Xecuter devices and the problems relating to them should not be regarded as Team Xecuter issues or problems.

If you have been the victim of a dishonest wholesaler who has chosen to deceive you with poorly made and unreliable clones then once again I would use this as a warning to others to ONLY purchase from the recommend and authorised official Xecuter Wholesalers.

|Seraphim|

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »

you guys know, not necessarily all x2.2pros on market right now are fake right? What if a seller ordered a big batch a short while before 2.3 came out, and still had a bunch left at the 2.3 launch? I doubt they would just throw the 2.2's out, of course theyd still try to sell them. So your statement of NO STORE IS SELLING THE 2.2 PROS, is wrong. Just thought id add that in.

zingZACH

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

sad.gif

Bring these frauds down I say! grr.gif  grr.gif  mad.gif

-Zach Wallace

mrmodchips

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2003, 04:26:00 PM »

What if a seller ordered a big batch a short while before 2.3 came out, and still had a bunch left at the 2.3 launch? I doubt they would just throw the 2.2's out, of course theyd still try to sell them. So your statement of NO STORE IS SELLING THE 2.2 PROS, is wrong. Just thought id add that in.

This is not possible and does not and has not and will not ever happen. So my statement is correct.

I am not at liberty to disclose why this is such you will just have to accept the above statement as true.

Before you flame and attempt to insult please remember www.baldbouncer.co.uk & www.mrmodchips.com have always been Official Authorised Resellers for Team Xecuter Products since the birth of Team Xecuter over 18 months ago. We are also first with any Team Xecuter products which hopefully means the information or opinion we are allowed to pass on may just happen to contain some truth.

Azaril

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

blink.gif

2.2 pros at baldbouncer

mrmodchips isn't stocking 2.2 pros but is still selling pre-modded xboxs with 2.2 pros which is how I got mine. baldbouncer is also selling pre-mods with 2.2s.

2.2 pro premod at mrmodchips
2.2 pro premod at baldbouncer

Saying legit retailers are not selling them any more is definetly misleading and I have still failed to find anyone with stocks of 2.3 pros right now. Bit of a dilemma  unsure.gif

mrmodchips

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »

Saying legit retailers are not selling them any more is definetly misleading and I have still failed to find anyone with stocks of 2.3 pros right now

There are no X2.3 Pros in existance yet !

I never said there were no stocks I said beware of any retailer who had very recently received stock of X2.2Pro or had large numbers of them.

Both www.baldbouncer.co.uk and myself www.mrmodchips.com do still have some X2.2Pro devices but in very very limit numbers (ie less than 10) it is correct and proper business practice NOT to completely sell out of a certain stock item as this would lead a retailer unable to fulfil any exchanges should a customer receive a faulty item. This held back stock is then normally used to modify customers machines but only when a confirmed short lead time is known for the newer version of the item.

Its often overlooked matters such as this which make the difference between Good retailers and happy customers and Poor retailers with unhappy customers smile.gif

dcd1182

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

well my friend ordered a 2.2 pro from overseas and got it after waiting a month or more... i have been working on it for 24 hours now, we finally ripped out the headerpin and soldered the wires straight to the board, still doesnt flash, then now i find this thread.  this is definitely a fake.  ill find out when he gets over here where he ordered it from.

question:  now that we have every wire in this cable soldered to the board, can we leave it, and plug it right into a real 2.3 chip?  or will it use different wiring?

thanks

DCD

modchipman

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »

these chips that modchipman.com had (and has stopped selling until we can find out a solution to this freeze error) come from the same factory that team-x gets their chips from

We, as usual, are offering refunds or exchanges to anyone who has had any freeze issues as mentioned in the threads with these 2.2 pros.

I'd suggest anyone who wants to buy a 2.2 pro wait until the 2.3 pro comes out later this week (as stated by team-x).

pjfan281

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

just a small side note. my friend ordered a 2.2 from xbox-modchips.com a while back (2 months). he didnt have any reasl probs with it which led to beloieve the site was good. i was all set to order from there recently but i noticed they hadnt udated their website in over a month! in fact their site still listed prices "good until ther end of October". that is why i shopped around for another site....read user reviews on here, etc.  glad i found mrmodchips.com  and glad he takes such an interest in this board and in communicating with costumers!  i'm looking forward to installing the two chips i just got from him (last of the batch of 2.2 pros). i trust they will work but if for some reason they do not i can trust he will help remedy the situation as he seems genuinely interested in his customers!  thanks mrmodchips

zingZACH

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »

grr.gif  mad.gif

user posted image

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2003, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (modchipman @ Dec 8 2003, 04:24 AM)
these chips that modchipman.com had (and has stopped selling until we can find out a solution to this freeze error) come from the same factory that team-x gets their chips from

as i've just pm'd you none of our affiliates have ever heard of you.

The last x2.2's were made 6 weeks ago. I know exactley where they went. There have been no returns and all successful installs (always a few user screw ups of course - but they were not faulty)

It is looking very very clear whats happened here and where these faulty chips are coming from. Only 2 or 3 websites are consistently mentioned throughout this thread. If there was a "bad batch" of genuine product im quite sure you'd see many many more posts from other users who brought from other sites.

This is why there is a genuinee supply chain. We tell you who definatley has original product and then you take your business to one of those. If you go elsewhere who we havent heard of and cannot guarantee a level of service and support - then there is nothing we cab do for you except expose those who stock bad quality product just to save a couple of dollars. If they tell you its a "bad batch" of chips they are not telling you the truth. There was never any bad batch - these chips are poor quality clones that dont even have the correct code programmed to them and are nothing to do with Xecuter.

So to recap the sites that seem to be involved with these fakes are:

www.xbox-modchips.com
www.modchipworld.com
www.americanxboxmodchips.com
www.modchipman.com

They probably have fake lites also as we've also found these have been copied - however the CPLD code is not Xecuter - its basically a homebrew version of any LFRAME based CPLD LPC host device. We cannot guarantee these either. Rule of thumnb stay away from 2.2 or any site that is not listed as a genuine dealer.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2003, 05:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (beetlejuice130 @ Dec 8 2003, 02:50 PM)
Guys,

I just heard back from xbox-modchips support who claim that there is no such thing as a fake Xecutor.  They want me to send the chip back for them to evaluate and replace if necessary.  From reading here it seems likely that the replacement will also be defective (fake?). 

there is such a thing - as discussed previousely

modchipman

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »

smile.gif

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (beetlejuice130 @ Dec 8 2003, 10:04 AM)
Ubergeek,

Thank you for all of the information...  Do you have any US affiliates?  

Thanks again-

Beetlejuice

www.system-mods.com is located in the US, and I believe that www.mrmodchips.com is as well.

nolga

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

we are the USA affiliate and dont buy chips form annyone else but Xecuter.

As you can tell when ever were out of stock we dont buy chips form annyone else.  (since it takes 2-3 weeks to get a new batch in)

Ubergeek will rip our head off if we do and now im glad we dont buy from anywhere else.  Since the source is the only trusted place to buy.

Only genuine products at SMT and if you do have aprob with your chip we replace it.

We recommend customers only buy from official Xecuter resellers and no one else.

system-mods.com , modchips.ca, baldbouncer.co.uk, mrmodchips.co.uk, divineo.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10