xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hyper Blue Led Suggestion  (Read 465 times)

JakeOz

• Archived User
Hyper Blue Led Suggestion
« on: August 18, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

could you make them just a little bit less bright please? The one on my switch is so bright it illuminates my room.

And the alignemnt ones on the X2lite+ are so bright that after I've had to align several of them a bright blue blur is burnt onto my retina.

also i think they should be red or green to match the power LED on the case.

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 03:49:00 AM »

I know you are talking about changing them from now on, but you can always change them yourself to what ever color you want by cutting it and re-soldering a new one. You just have to find out what the specs are for the led and use the same type.

JakeOz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 03:56:00 AM »

true and i would do that if i could be bothered.

i personally am not bothered about my xbox 'looking cool' -i mean they are fecking ugly things anyway and no amount of leds is going to change that. I think a little dim led would be more practical. I'm going to have to snap mine off i think.

chris67rs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

you can always put a resister on it. I have a 220ohm installed on mine and now its down to Human levels.

MR. Y

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

One my X2.2, the LED leads were long enough for me to use pliers and bend it so it faces down instead of forward (you might be able to do it without pliers). That's what I did being tired of the left eye of god constantly blinding me...

Y

JakeOz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »

those are both good suggestions actually- i'll probly bend mine as i'm way too lazy to mess around with resistors. lol. Human levels.

Vice_hkpnx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »

Considering the cost of ultrabright blue LEDs, production costs could be dropped an ass load if they would use normal cheap-as-dirt LEDs. I had to pony up a load of money for blue LEDs on my last project.

brad

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »

I had an idea for a cover that applies to this
Check my post here

mhr_54

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »

A way to make the LED less bright is to wire a resistor in parallel (I think), this should reduce the voltage and therefore the brightness.  I believe this is called a voltage divider, you just need to make sure you don't lower the voltage to below the LED's minimum threshold voltage.

looop69

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

I mounted my to the side of the case with the led shining away from the front....this way I don't even have to look at it  biggrin.gif

cdru

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (mhr_54 @ Aug 20 2003, 06:17 PM)
A way to make the LED less bright is to wire a resistor in parallel (I think), this should reduce the voltage and therefore the brightness.  I believe this is called a voltage divider, you just need to make sure you don't lower the voltage to below the LED's minimum threshold voltage.

If you are going to go through the trouble of tossing a resistor on there, just go with a small pot.  That way you can adjust it as you like and just leave it.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

hyper blue leds are dirt cheap, i got 4 of them for my xbox for like 3 bucks..........