xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-ecuter Backups Not Working..  (Read 473 times)

Claret

• Archived User
X-ecuter Backups Not Working..
« on: August 14, 2002, 12:56:00 AM »

Hi there,

Got a friend of mine to fit my xecutor mod chip yesterday, and all seems well, i.e. no various colours when you switch on etc, and it will boot originals fine, but DVD-R and CD-R ISOs that I have burned on the PC will not work, and I am not sure if it is a bad chip install (believes it is not installed at all) or whether it is my burning techniques....

When I put in a backup it comes up with the following message on the TV screen:

Your Xbox can't recognise this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD.  Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue.

So is this the generic message that appears when you try to boot a backup in a non-chipped machine, or would it come up with a different message, and thus my problem is bad burning ??

P.S.  I downloaded ISOs from newsgroups and then burned them on my PC using Easy CD Creator with standard options (didn't change anything).  Should this work OK or am I doing something wrong ??

Thanks in advance for any help!!

kinghawk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2002, 12:51:00 AM »

have u tried using cd-rw dvd-rw

bearauto

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2002, 12:45:00 PM »

Use Prassi PrimoDVD to burn your backups.  Never use the computer when burning ISOs; this solved all of my non-recognition probs.

SlaYer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 01:11:00 AM »

Well, just a thought, but have you made sure the mod is actually enabled?

See pic here:
http://www.x-ecuterm...uter_switch.jpg

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2002, 06:20:00 AM »

I don't know how to help you except to tell you one little hint: NEVER use Easy CD Creator for _anything_. It screws up almost any disc you make. (Audio CDs have tracks that cut out, ends disc session prematurely, finalizes when it isn't done, etc).

MURDERER

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2002, 09:59:00 AM »

If you think the x-ecuter is installed properly, just do an hdd swap and install files that way! You don't need compatible media if you just intall your .xbe to you XBOX hdd.

public_enema

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2002, 05:41:00 PM »

Hmm murderer, is that really true?.

Can i take my xbox HD out, and then stick it in my pc

then add the evo-x dashboard from there?

What sofrware do I use to view the XBOX hard drive contents on my PC? - I seriously thought this wasnt possible.

Please give us more info.

benlong

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2002, 10:38:00 AM »

I've noticed on my box that with the xecuter enabled it displays a different error message with unusable media than unusable media with the mod disabled.

My box is all sealed up, so I can't test it. Has anyone got a working and open unit to see what message you get with the mod enabled and with it disabled?

This way you'll know whether it is the mod not working or bad media.

The thing with the xecuter is that it will not work unless the ground wire is soldered to the motherboard pad, the mod board is grounded at the screw hole and the link/switch is soldered. (unless you skipped the link pads altogether).

Perhaps the ground connection is at fault.

Cheers.