xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Component Video Hosed In Latest Xebians?  (Read 31 times)

ExxonTsunami

• Archived User
Component Video Hosed In Latest Xebians?
« on: February 26, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

Apologies if this is old news, but I couldn't find discussion of this issue anywhere on the net.

Both Xebian 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are unusable on my v1.0 xbox when I am using a component video cable.  Everything works fine with a composite cable, but with the component cable the TV screen looks all wavy and nothing is remotely readable.

I've tried playing with various config options and settings, but nothing seems to fix the wavy output.  It happens on every TV I've tried, too (though admittedly they were both made by Sony).

I paid way too much money for this silly component cable, so unless somebody can help me out I'll continue to use Xebian 0.5.1 which works just fine with the component cable.

Can anyone help?  Am I the only person experiencing this?

One note of interest is that during the boot for about a second the screen looks normal and I can read the top two lines that give the version number and license info.   But after a second, the screen goes crazy.  I can tell by the abstract patterns that the X server eventually starts up.  Reminds me of watching scrambled premium movie channels on cable TV.