xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Apps You Use?  (Read 52 times)

luther349

• Archived User
Apps You Use?
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

net aim irc and any other chat client are not only possable but gentoox comes packed with it. mplayer is a nice video player.

Dooser

• Archived User
Apps You Use?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

in the home edition i'm assuming, rather than pro?

melee

• Archived User
Apps You Use?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

bit torrent is also a go, got it working on my 'box.

Go with it, try it out, its pretty freaking addicting.

beboper

• Archived User
Apps You Use?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

Here's a bit of a late response...

I've tried both Xebian and Gentoox installs on my v1.1 box with X2VGA adapter.  Disclaimer:  I've never used Linux before...

In my experience, i had less problems installing xebian, but Xebian didn't work with X2VGA adapter.  Not sure if it supports X2VGA or not...  So, the resolution on regular composite video is crappy...fonts are barely legible.  You don't need an extra bios to use Xebian though.

Gentoox supports X2VGA but needs a bios for it.  Installing would have been easier if I took my time and read all the instructions twice over...in the end i got it working and it is very nice....sharp pictures, but i've not been able to get mplayer to work.  check it out from Gentoox website...

chris3Schmidt

• Archived User
Apps You Use?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

smile.gif  and so it wont tie up my other comp so i can do other stuff, plus, cant you download tools for the xbox and transfer them to you xbox without having to ftp to a comp then back(i know it sounds confusing but ehh i get it haha)

do it its fun and like melee said
Go with it, try it out, its pretty freaking addicting.

dooo it