xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx V3 Chip Intallation Trouble On A 1.4v Xbox... Help!  (Read 115 times)

hooyeah123

• Archived User
Smartxx V3 Chip Intallation Trouble On A 1.4v Xbox... Help!
« on: January 28, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

Hi, help me please!

I tried installing this chip last night and again today and am having a hell of a time getting it to work!
I'm trying to use the pin header install, removed the DO tab and was using the purple pigtail wire for the DO wire.

The first time I booted it up I got a blinking green and then red blinking light, and then nothing.
Now it just boots into the regular xbox startup, with everything installed.
I have removed the chip and tried resoldering the pin header points and the DO wires three times now and still can't get it to work!

I tried the pigtail for the DVD drive and still no love... what am I doing wrong?
should I try wiring the ground and DO wire somewhere else, if possible?
is the pigtail with the LED light  supposed to light up when the chip has power?

Thanks!

dstealth

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Yeah, reheck your D0 connection, and if need be, just do a wire going from D0 to ground on the motherboard, instead of using the ground point on the modchip itself.

hooyeah123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

ok I did the DO on the underside... no luck.
I'm beginning to think I got a bum chip....

how would I go about wiring it without using the pinheader.... anyone  else have any ideas?

hooyeah123

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

fifth time is the charm! did the DO wired from underneath, soldered on ground from screw plate....

badboykiller35

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

uhh.gif  uhh.gif  uhh.gif smartxx v3 for version 1.0 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
I bought a Smartxxv3 chip and install it by followin the steps
when i turn on my xbox it makes some wierd noises and then it turns offf , the light is blinking red

Pleaze i really need helpppppppppppppppppppppppppp

What am I doin wrong????

XOR

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »

SOLID RED:
System overheated , hardware failure...

FLASHING RED:
Dead, broken or empty EEPROM

Tripple check your connections, also try booting wioth the modchip completely removed, it your xbox won't boot even without the modchip, you've done something bad, and you need a repair.

billyloon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(hooyeah123 @ Jan 31 2006, 03:37 PM) View Post

fifth time is the charm! did the DO wired from underneath, soldered on ground from screw plate....

Hi there.  Looks like you have the same modchip as me (SmartXX v3) and also the same version of XBOX (v1.4).  I'm installing my SmartXX v3 modchip in my XBOX and have a couple questions if you would be so kind to help me out.  

1.  How did you identifying the D0 solder point on the underside of the Xbox motherboard?  Do you have any pictures by any chance?  Was this the only point you had to solder other than the pinheader?  I see how others soldered to the D0 point on their motherboards, but those pictures must've been from a different version of Xbox because the tiny holes on my motherboard are in different places.  

2.  Did you have to break off the D0 tab on the SmartXX v3 modchip itself?

3.  When you ran the purple wire from the D0 point on the underside of the motherboard to the ground, did you bring it around the side of the motherboard to get it to the topside or did you use one of the pinheader holes?

4.  Any other advice?

Thanks!