xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Got My Smartxx V3 With Nosolder Spider  (Read 90 times)

sephiro499

• Archived User
Just Got My Smartxx V3 With Nosolder Spider
« on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

Hey guys I just got my smartxx V3 with the usb connector and no solder spider attachment.  The cd that is included with the unit is all but worthless, it doesn't even contain installation instructions for my version (v3).  I've already been to smartxx website but their pictures don't make any sense to me nor do I see a picture for what I am trying to do.  
Bought a spider gx before and it turned out to be a real waste of money.  Have already eaten the cost of that modchip and I bought the smartxx since I figured it would be of higher quality and come with actual instructions I could understand.  

I have a general understanding of where the chip is suppose to go I just need to know where all of these wires go.  What do I have to connect to what?  Please I don't want to screw this one up to.

beutel

• Archived User
Just Got My Smartxx V3 With Nosolder Spider
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

-first install the spider adapter
-spider pins like shown on the pics on smartxX HP. Just screw down your chip and the spider are already on the right places, just push them in the holes.
-use the dvd power supply cable to connect the smartxXX chip with the power -> j7  (yellow cable and black/red)
-then use the red/black on red/black cable to connect the chip with the adapter  -> j8 (use pics of smartxx v3 to determine where to plug them in)

the just put the smartxx v3 on the spider adapter pins and your done