xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Made A Usb Adapter...  (Read 75 times)

enuf

• Archived User
Just Made A Usb Adapter...
« on: July 06, 2003, 10:55:00 PM »

I connected to the wire going from my game port to my mobo.. wires up two usb ports to game ports 3 and 4 and man do I have a headache from those solder fumes....  Anyways I don't have linux installed yet or a usb keyboard.  (one is on the way which I don't know if it works w/ xbox's usb drivers)

mxlegend99

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »

wink.gif

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

To test the keyboard, use Evox!

IF it doesn't work when you boot, unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and try again.

mxlegend99

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Col.Havoc @ Jul 8 2003, 01:29 AM)
To test the keyboard, use Evox!

IF it doesn't work when you boot, unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and try again.

thats a bad example.
I have USB keyboard and it wont work in EvoX. SO far its worked in everything, except for:
EvoX
Bochs

Other than that, it works in avalaunch(now my main dash:D) linux etc and the mouse test app is a good app for him to test, it may work on his. ANd its only a real small download to check.

But i think this goes to show, that different keyboards etc. can work in different areas. My mouse works where some peoples dont and vice versa dry.gif

edit''Actually, being he has 3 mouses, one would almost indefinately have to work, and it will let him know whether the ports are/arent working. And its got no need for a keyboard.
At Xbinx FTP, goto i think its (XboxUtilitiesMouse Test App) or something like that. Its your best bet IMO, since you got 3 mouses, if none work, its almost safe to say its the ports. A keyboard is way easier to test though:P

xahur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

And what if nothing seems to work at all? But i am pretty confident its NOT my adaptor.

If i plug in a usb hub, it lights up and each led lights up if i plug anything into that port.

But with or without hub, neither mouse or keyboard will work anywhere!

Asking around irc resulted in me receiving 241 kicks on a single day...
And asking shallax werent much help either!