xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx V2 Sle With Usa Booting Once Every 4 Hours  (Read 120 times)

reservado5

• Archived User
Smartxx V2 Sle With Usa Booting Once Every 4 Hours
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

I installed my smart xx v2 sle it boots the smart xx OS once I reboot it though it boots to M$ dash. In order to get back into smart xx OS I have to turn off machine for 2-4 hours. I then star machine up and smart xx boots up again. Any suggestions? Not sure why this is happening.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »

Its the solderless adapter, not properly aligned.  Minor distortion as the mobo heats up is likely causing one of the pins(probably d0) to no longer make proper contact.  Try "adjusting" the adapter.

reservado5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

I have tried to radjust. Do you think I should try to solder the d0 wire coming ut of the USA? At least try to tin it a little? My soldering skills are not that great that is why I went with the solderless solution. I will see what happens.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(reservado5 @ Nov 26 2005, 06:03 AM) *

I have tried to radjust. Do you think I should try to solder the d0 wire coming ut of the USA? At least try to tin it a little? My soldering skills are not that great that is why I went with the solderless solution. I will see what happens.

D0 coming out of the USA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

reservado5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

I tried to solder the d0 wire ciming out of the USA to the d0 slot. Same thing ti did not boot. What should I try next. I can wait a few hours and see if smart xx boots again?  I can throw this chip I bought from divneo away? I know the chip works because it boots every once in a while. This is an SLE chip so its been modified to work with the USA I can post a snapshot of what it looks like. not sure if that will do. I can also try to connect it using the pinheader install. The onlyt problem is that this is an sle chip not sure where to solder the d0 on the chip.

greenday54261

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

Technically the SLE has nothing to do with the chip. It's just the packaged stuff that comes with the chip. I have an SLE package, pinheadered. When you look at the chip with the pinheader socket facing up, there are two pins on the right side. The farthest pin to the right is where you solder the d0.

I never found out what the hell Divineo meant when it said "modified to work with USA", since I don't have the USA package. Hopefully it won't stop the pinheader from working.

This post has been edited by greenday54261: Nov 27 2005, 03:24 AM

reservado5

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

So you are saying that the smartxx version2 SLE should look like any other smart xx v2 pro and that the chip does not have to be modified in order to work with a USA?