xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Connector  (Read 115 times)

thr3311jd

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« on: June 18, 2003, 01:32:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

thr3311jd

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »

ok guys I've decided not to build my own but to just buy one I was wondering if I got a PS2 mouse and keyboard combo if I could use one of these http://www.cablestog...=1501&sku=27225   and just buy one converter from  http://www.lik-sang....roducts_id=2154  ???

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

I just did this:

user posted image
user posted image

Sorry about the quality... Cheap ass cam.

thr3311jd

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »

so do they work?  I can't tell by the pics, and if so will I just need one USB to x-box converter since you can use a PS2 keyboard and mouse and hook both up to one converter that converts the 2 PS2 plugs to one USB?

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 12:39:00 AM »

If you are talking about the USB ports I installed on the back of my XBOX yes they do work and they are much nicer then using converters.

bombzhome

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 05:08:00 AM »

what hes trying to say is that WILL THE CONVERTORS work...i have been wondering that too considering i have a lot of PS/2 keyboards and mice lying around.... i can just buy ONE convertor and ONE of those USB adaptors plug it into each other and then plug my PS/2 keyboard and mouse into the convertor!

PENTIUM75

• Archived User
Usb Connector
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

dont hold me to it but, because those adapters have to comply with the usb keyb/mous hid rules, it should be no different dont you think? if your comps bios supports usb keybs, a good test i would think is to get one, plug it into you comp and see if you can press "del" to get into setup when your comp starts, if it does then its acts like a standard hub with a generic usb keyb and mouse.  make sure you r bios supports usb keyb in the first place though.  myne does and its like 4 years old so.

just ideas not facts though so...