xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Linux Mandrake 9 Boots Up Fine But..  (Read 74 times)

Bostonrock03

• Archived User
My Linux Mandrake 9 Boots Up Fine But..
« on: May 14, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

MY Linux install cd-rw boots up fine but when it comes time for me to type in the setup command nothing happens.  It says that it detects my Belkin wireless keyboard/mouse combo but then why doesnt it work?   Here's exactly what I have to help you answer my question:  Wireless keyboard mouse combo, reciever that has the PS2 wires (one for the keyboard and one for mouse) which I put through an adaptor that combines the 2 PS2 plugs into one USB plug wich I plug into my one USB port in my xbox.  I knoe I hooked up the wires correctly inside my xbox because I checked and compared them like 5 times.  I thought I heard some where that the xbox doesn't like USB hubs and that only some PS2 to USB converters work ( ithink it is the PSO converters that don't work).  I just want to know because I really like my keyboard mouse combo and I like the price I got it at and I don't want to buy a wired USB keyboard if I dont absolutly have to.  

Also,  would it be possible to configure my keyboard mouse combo so that it does work after I install linux and configure it in the controll center or settings menu?