xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boots Once And Turns Off - Green Light Once  (Read 150 times)

brandonchatham

• Archived User
Boots Once And Turns Off - Green Light Once
« on: July 15, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »

I bought a new 1.6 and the new smartXX LT OPX. This is the 10th or so box Ive modded and had no problems. The mod went great and the box worked fine for 2 weeks.

About 2 week later, I go to turn it on and a green light comes on for a sec and turns off. The whole box then turns off. I was expecting it to turn off and onm off and on, off and on and flash diff colors like other boxes have in modding them. But this one, just turns on and shows a green light, then turns off.

I opened it up and checked my points and they are all fine. I even re-soddered all of the points twice to make sure. Once, and then checked, then did it again and checked. Still nothing.

Wierd.. Anyone help.
Thanks,
Brandon

This post has been edited by brandonchatham: Jul 16 2005, 03:42 AM

TheODog

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »

did you try checkinkg your points with a miltimeter? Check all your points first before you pull out that iron and create some more damage.
Does this happaen even when you try to boot the the SmartXX Os?
Btw which install method did you use? Pinhead or quicksolder?

brandonchatham

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

quicksoder was the method. I have checked all the points and they are all perfect.
Any other thoughts.
Brandon

TheODog

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

Look for anything missing. Resistors or anything. I've taken a few resistors off with my iron because it was too close to the dam pinhead. Take a close look around the chip, if you can post a picutre.

Thanks

Odog

brandonchatham

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

I appreciate it man. But I dont think its that... The thing worked fine for like 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden. I appreciate your help and desire. But I dont think its that. Ill check though... But I dont think so.. Any other thoughts?
Brandon

TheODog

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

Could you post some High-Res pics. It would be a lot easier to look at the board rather then just to guess like i'm doing now.

Odog

missmanj24

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandonchatham @ Jul 15 2005, 10:44 PM)
I bought a new 1.6 and the new smartXX LT OPX. This is the 10th or so box Ive modded and had no problems. The mod went great and the box worked fine for 2 weeks.

About 2 week later, I go to turn it on and a green light comes on for a sec and turns off. The whole box then turns off. I was expecting it to turn off and onm off and on, off and on and flash diff colors like other boxes have in modding them. But this one, just turns on and shows a green light, then turns off.

I opened it up and checked my points and they are all fine. I even re-soddered all of the points twice to make sure. Once, and then checked, then did it again and checked. Still nothing.

Wierd.. Anyone help.
Thanks,
Brandon

missmanj24

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »

hey wow thank god i found someone else with the same problem as me i let my little cousin play my xbox which will never happen again but he says he just shut it off then went to turn it back on and now what happens is it turns on for a second and then right back off and thats it i have a 1.6 with X3 it has worked for months and i even re flashed it and still no luck. does the solder go bad after while or what because i dont know what else it could be? thats when i try turning the chip on it works fine with it off so if thats any help for answer my question thanks!

jaslinky

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

I am SO having this problem today too!!  God damn 1.6 boxes (its a "b" too)

I thought it might have been the power supply, it kinda looks like it wants to turn on, then, no its not going to... but alas it was not the power supply.

I have seen all sorts of Xbox problems but not this one before!!