xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Attention Mac Users  (Read 114 times)

ReVaL

• Archived User
Attention Mac Users
« on: April 10, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

The following tutorial is for mac users with OS X 10.3.8 and higher who are using Airport as their router.  I am assuming that you have already gotten into the SmartXX OS and have the latest build (3999 in this case).

Here is what needs to be done:
In the SmartXX OS menu go Config->Network and make sure the following values are as follows:

Enable Ethernet: ON

DHCP: OFF

IP: i.e. if your computers IP is 10.0.1.5 then make sure it is in the same subnet (anything with 10.0.1.x     x being the last number in the IP).  So 10.0.1.6 would be fine.  To check your Network Preferences open up System Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> TCP/IP.

Subnet: Set this to whatever you see in System Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> TCP/IP.

Gateway: You can leave this alone (i just deleted all the numbers and saved).

After you are done hit Save and EXIT.  Restart the XBOX also to be sure and enter the SmartXX OS.  You should now see the word "Manual" in the lower right corner.

Now to connect to your SmartXX chip open up Internet Explorer (I used 5.2) and enter the ip in the address field and hit enter and woila you are in.  Weird that it doesnt support Safari :(

Best of Luck to you all!

DesertFox

bucko

• Recovered User
Attention Mac Users
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

I don't own a mac but these tutorials look good people are making/posting, they should really be submitted to xbox-scene tutorials main site.