xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V2 1.6 Eject And Power Buttons Do Not Work  (Read 138 times)

zackattack

• Archived User
V2 1.6 Eject And Power Buttons Do Not Work
« on: April 09, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

hi,

i recently installed a smartxx v2 on my 1.6 xbox. used pinheader install and lpc rebuild board on the bottom. things seemed to be working ok, (alternating red/blue flashing on led) and smartxx os boot up, but the eject and power buttons do not work.

the console turns on when i plug the a/c cord into the back of the xbox. the soft reboot/shutdown from smartxx os and evox IS working. eject and power do not work though. if i boot regular ms bios, the eject button does work. do i need to remove a pin from the pinheader? does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?

thanks in advance for any ideas. <

adam3914

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »

is there a wire on the smart xx from pin 4 to d0, because that will cause this problem. <

zackattack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

i will check tonight... this sounds probable as i remember my smartxx looking a little funny (not exactly the same w/ the EJ or D0 pins on all of the manuals.)

thanks for your help. <

zackattack

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

hey,

there is indeed a wire from pin 4 to d0. could you provide me with ideas on the best way to get rid of that?

thanks <

zackattack

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

nevermind. comes off easy by desoldering. thanks for the advice. my power and eject buttons are back to normal. everything working. excellent tip. <