xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Adapter For Xbox (female)  (Read 160 times)

arhemed

• Archived User
Usb Adapter For Xbox (female)
« on: January 02, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

Has anyone ordered from this site. It has the same thing as the lik-sang site, just $1 more. The lik-sang site has been back-ordered for a while now. Is the babar-tech site reliable. Looking for your imput. Thanks

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

smile.gif

coolnick07

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

I bought 2 usb adapters from lik-sang and i was very please with their service, now that they're shipping again! it took 5 days to get here(with airmail the cheapest). I live in california and lik-sang is in china!

arhemed

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 11:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (coolnick07 @ Jan 9 2003, 05:29 AM)
I bought 2 usb adapters from lik-sang and i was very please with their service, now that they're shipping again! it took 5 days to get here(with airmail the cheapest). I live in california and lik-sang is in china!

when did you order? their website still shows the adapters on backorder...im still hesitant to order from lik-sang with their site changing ownership and legal issues. Im gonna check out that other site, once I get my modchip.

arhemed

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (NokiaChicX @ Jan 9 2003, 04:14 PM)
uhh.gif Why are you guys buying adapters? Just make one.....

1> Go to your local store and buy a 4 foot (? meters) usb extension cable.

2> Cut it in half.

3> Cut the end off your xbox controller (may want to use a cheap 3rd party model  biggrin.gif )

4> Wire the male end of the USB cable to your xbox controller (there are 5 wires in the controller and 4 in the extension cable. solder like colors together and ignore the xtra yellow one)

5> Wire the female end of the USB cable that has the connector  (there are 5 wires in the controller and 4 in the extension cable. solder like colors together and ignore the xtra yellow one)

If you want to use the controller just plug the 2 cable together (it works just fine w/out that yellow wire).

If you want to connect a USB device, just plug it into your USB to XBOX adapter cable -or- use a USB hub if you want to connect multiple items (I do wink.gif )

You can see pictures of my set up here http://nokiachic.freehosting.net

i have no soldier skills whatsoever.  mad.gif
i am thinking to skip the adapter and make some parts in the back of the xbox after i get matrix in the mail
hey nokia chik, do you have switches for your chip? i am thinking of using some automotive ones that light up when they are on...

floam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »

NokiaChicX: was looking at your photos page, howd you get that usb memory stick for free? ("A MS freebie!")?

floam

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »

wowa, i type "microsof.t" (without dot) and board changes it to MS, makes it impossible to quote correctly, oh well.

NokiaChicX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (floam @ Jan 9 2003, 10:57 PM)
NokiaChicX: was looking at your photos page, howd you get that usb memory stick for free? ("A MS freebie!")?

MS gives away lots of things at the many seminars they hold, it pays to work in the IT field wink.gif

floam

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »

Everyone talks about all this free stuffs at seminars, me has to get off his ass and drive 2 miles to Portland or 200 miles to Seattle and do a few.

coolnick07

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (arhemed @ Jan 9 2003, 07:17 AM)
when did you order? their website still shows the adapters on backorder...im still hesitant to order from lik-sang with their site changing ownership and legal issues. Im gonna check out that other site, once I get my modchip.

I ordered around the decemeber 22nd and got it around the january 2nd!

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Sorry for the poor quality <cheap webcam!>

user posted image
user posted image