xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx Chip On 1.6 Questions?  (Read 162 times)

xion1

• Archived User
Smartxx Chip On 1.6 Questions?
« on: December 07, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

what is the least hardest way to install this chip on 1.6, i know you need the lpc rebuild kit that comes with the smartxx chip, So you have to take the motherboard out completly no matter what right?

MonsterTy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

Yes, you are correct.  You will have to remove the motherboard to rebuild the LPC whether you decide to use the rebuild board or not.  The rebuild board just saves alot of time cutting and bending tiny little wires.

xion1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »

Do you know where there is really detailed pics of smartxx installations on 1.6 versions, besides smartxx website, I need more detailed  pics from step one to final, if you have any Im willing to send some money if you can send me them via email or regular mail.

FallsInc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(xion1 @ Dec 23 2004, 07:11 AM)
Do you know where there is really detailed pics of smartxx installations on 1.6 versions, besides smartxx website, I need more detailed  pics from step one to final, if you have any Im willing to send some money if you can send me them via email or regular mail.

you probably wont find any of them..
well
then again
i do have a dead 1.6 that i could install the thing on
lol, would you want me to do that?

xion1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

why is it dead? ,  Yeah i dont care as long as the pics are accurate, i am a visual kinda person I need to see more than read.  I would really appreciate it.
if you could!

The_Xenocide

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

dude, smartxx has a very detailed instruction manual, and with the lpc rebuild its even easier.

first what chip did u get v2 or LT OPX or v1 depending on that you go here then click on the one u want,  ull want the top row since those are for 1.6 boxes and then u click the install you want......im gonna guess and say u got the v2 chip and with the 1.6 box, ull want to do the pinheader insatlll since its pretty much the easiest. then ull click here and follow the instructions, i suggest opening ur xbox and making sure u know where ur going to be working before you start.....look at the pics then the xbox before you start and make sure u know where everything is that you will be working on.....print out the instructions and keep em with you so u can go step by step....if ur doing the lpc rebuild then just dont do the last step in there......make sure u take ur time if its ur first one good luck i guess

TrueWarlord

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

I like the pinheader install.  I think it was pretty easy to do.  I tried the quicksolder but it kept FRAGing on me.  So I removed it and re-installed it with the pinheader.  2X as fast install and it worked the first time.

I have the v2 LE Holloween and a 1.6a