xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx With Lcd Installation  (Read 137 times)

sgohans3

• Archived User
Smartxx With Lcd Installation
« on: December 06, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

I am curious to know how difficult it would be to install an LCD with the SmartXX mod chip. I see that there are 17 points that need to be soldered from the LCD to the chip. I dont think that would be too difficult, but I do see that you need to solder a 22 Ohm resistor on point 1 of the chip to point 17 of the LCD. How hard would that be? And where would I solder the resistor to? Where would I get a 22 Ohm resistor? Any help would be great. Thanks!  :D

Demobot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

You don't need to add a resistor when your soldering the LCD to the SmartXX chip. Just take your time and the LCD should work just fine.

sgohans3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

OK, sweet. I was just a lil worried about that because I have NO experence with resitors. I have some experence with soldering, but by far im not expert. Another question I have is, if I run into problems getting the LCD to work while soldering, would it have any effect on my SmartXX chip working correctly?

Demobot

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

Well, your Xbox should be off while your soldering anything into your Xbox. That way you can avoid power surges or shorts. Secondly if after you have soldered the LCD into your Xbox and it doesn't work, head on over to SmartXX.com. They have a whole threat on this matter. Including a guide for cutting to opening in the Xbox case.