xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdm 1.9 Ndure 3.1 Hd Upgrade Boots To Black Screen  (Read 337 times)

Crosseyes

• Archived User
Xbox Hdm 1.9 Ndure 3.1 Hd Upgrade Boots To Black Screen
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »

Did you select the correct kernel when running NDURE? Since this is an older Xbox than your previous 1.6's, it'll be just the slightest bit different, and that could be what's holding you back.

That being said, I had a similar problem upgrading. First, I got my upgraded drive to stock-state and locked with my EEPROM to be sure it worked and booted. Then, I built from scratch using a pre-made softmod. Booting lead me to a black screen. Took me a few hours to realize by hotswapping over and looking into the HDD contents that somehow my E partition wasn't there. Started over again and it worked the second time.

nothingupmysleeve

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »

Now that you mention it, no I didnt. Thanks. Knew it was something simple. How do I check the current kernal? The stock softmod doesnt seem to boot to anything but unleashx. So is there a way to check it via 3rd party apps? Ahhh... Screw it. I have time right now, so I'll just rebuild a stock HD and check thatway, although if there is anotherway it might be nice to mention here just because this thread will be short...
Thanks again.

nothingupmysleeve

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »

Sorry orig post should have ended with:
Every other xbox I've used this on had the 5838 kernel and have all been v1.6. (Not sure if its relevant, just attempting to be thorough)

and it turned out to be 5101 with this current box. Thanks again.