xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dual Dashboard Setup With Ndure  (Read 373 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Dual Dashboard Setup With Ndure
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »

I know what you want to do is possible and seem to remember a thread about how to do it was posted within the last year. I've no doubt somebody else here will be able to help on this. But there are alternative options which you may consider just as suitable.

I realise that some users want to set things up in a particular way for their own reasons and I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. However I wondered if have you thought about using UnleashX as your main dash?

The shortcut button boot options UnleashX provides can launch XBMC with a simple button press on the controller or remote when you turn the Xbox on. To my  mind this is more convenient than having to press the eject/close button twice unless there is actually a disc you want to load of course.

I have the MS Dash, XBMC, an older UnleashX version, Avalaunch, a SID dash and Evox boot shortcuts set up to various buttons but TBH I rarely use them. It is hardly any more trouble or time launching them as applications from UnleashX or any other main dash.

alysher

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

i do have unleashx as my main dash, but didnt know anything about a shortcut button boot. now, if it were just me who was going to use the xbox then i would prolly check that option out. the problem with doing this is i have to make it as "idiot proof" as possible. basically with having the regular power button boot up gaming and the eject button power up media playing i avoid having the kids destroy the xbox unintentionally.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »

Understood I thought it might be something like that. Pesky kids. smile.gif

If somebody else here doesn't post to tell you how to do what you want I'll see if I can find the earlier thread I mentioned. Might be tricky finding it yourself as the search options here can be a bit hit or miss often directing you to really old stuff which may not be applicable now.

alysher

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

your right about the search here.....been down the road with looking at old posts that dont apply already with this box. multiple times.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:53:00 AM »

I found the thread I was thinking of, a little longer ago than I thought but still should be good.

Anything Heindall and Idotsfan suggest/recommend doing you can trust as the best advice there is likely to be on any Xbox subject including this.

It is definitely not newbie level stuff so I hope you understand what they're talking about and it helps you to do what you wanted :-

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t730698.html