xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Smartxx And Live?  (Read 330 times)

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (shrinkydinx @ Dec 4 2004, 05:32 PM)
take a logic class or something.  you not being banned proves nothing.

Well, in fact it does yes, I have already explained it, if we state that MS treat every single Xbox the same way then why shouldn't it prove that it is possible to go on Live! with different kind of content on the drive, see THAT is logic, perhaps you need to take a logic class yourself wink.gif

people with completely modded xbox's with giant hard drives have gone on live wihout getting banned.  by your reasoning that means you cant get banned for having a modchip on and an upgraded hard drive.
You're almost even more stupid than SigTom, no that's fucking not what I am saying, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU CAN HAVE YOUR MODCHIP ON, PLEASE BUY GLASSES IF YOU CAN'T READ.

thefly03

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

Look man.  It's been stated here before that just because you have had an experience that hasn't gotten you banned on Live before, doesn't mean that everyone should take that as gospel.  Likewise, because someone has gotten banned for whatever reason shouldn't mean that everone should listen to them either.  The only clear-cut method that I know of that has worked for me for the time being is swapping out my 160gb hdd with the stock hdd and making sure I boot the SmartXX chip with the eject button as set in the boot options on the SmartXX menu.  You need to check your attitude at the door and realize that this is a forum and a community for us all to learn about new things in and to teach what we have taught ourselves.  It's not a place for you to let your 16 year old hormones rage out of control and stroke your own ego at the expensive of making yourself look like a smuck.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »

Look man.  It's been stated here before that just because you have had an experience that hasn't gotten you banned on Live before, doesn't mean that everyone should take that as gospel.

Why not, seriously do you think that MS has 50 different methods they use when a user log on Live! and I have just been lucky not to have ran into their very special method that scans for content on the harddrive yet?

It was my thought that this would be SigToms next stupid argument. To be clear and logic here, no, ofcourse MS do not have 50 different methods of testing users, as already said I'm sure this would be SigToms next stupid argument jester.gif

Also I have to pinpoint that this is not about weather it is possible to go on Live! with a large harddrive, bacause it is, alot of people have gone on Live! with larger harddrives so that is out of the question. What I pinpointed was SigToms comment on MS scanning for content on the drive and banning, not anything else.

Likewise, because someone has gotten banned for whatever reason shouldn't mean that everone should listen to them either.  The only clear-cut method that I know of that has worked for me for the time being is swapping out my 160gb hdd with the stock hdd and making sure I boot the SmartXX chip with the eject button as set in the boot options on the SmartXX menu.

Because this is the only method you have experienced working that mean it is true? I can tell you it isn't, I go on Live! with 160 GB hardrive, SmartXX booting original bios, Linux on E and other stuff on the harddrive, I'm sure your method wont get someone banned but this method too wont either wink.gif

You need to check your attitude at the door and realize that this is a forum and a community for us all to learn about new things in and to teach what we have taught ourselves.  It's not a place for you to let your 16 year old hormones rage out of control and stroke your own ego at the expensive of making yourself look like a smuck.

You might be right, I just can't take when people are beeing so stupid and they can't even realize it themselves.

thefly03

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »

Because this is the only method you have experienced working that mean it is true?

I clearly stated in my post that the only clear-cut method that has worked for me is swapping drives.  I'm glad that you can run a 160gb hdd on Live without being banned, but others have been banned with no mod chip enabled and only a larger hdd.  Another theory is if you have never been on Live before and mod your box with a bigger hdd and then sign on, you can keep using that larger hdd.  Who knows.  I doubt the case will ever be cracked and the picture will ever be black and white, but discussing it never hurts.  Calling people stupid will not help in any way whatsoever.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (thefly03 @ Dec 6 2004, 08:01 AM)

I clearly stated in my post that the only clear-cut method that has worked for me is swapping drives.  I'm glad that you can run a 160gb hdd on Live without being banned, but others have been banned with no mod chip enabled and only a larger hdd.  Another theory is if you have never been on Live before and mod your box with a bigger hdd and then sign on, you can keep using that larger hdd.  Who knows.  I doubt the case will ever be cracked and the picture will ever be black and white, but discussing it never hurts.  Calling people stupid will not help in any way whatsoever.

Exactly, your method works and mine do too, they treat the boxes the same way, those getting banned with larger harddrives have certainly done something wrong even though they think they have done it all correct, perhaps the wrong chip, perhaps on some time they were unaware that they booted an unoriginal bios and therefore got banned, I'm sure they have messed something up and I'm sure you wont get banned with larger harddrive if you use the correct things and the correct methods, at least not until MS REALLY takes new actions in use and it's not just those silly rumors on the net.

Also I have to pinpoint that this is not about weather it is possible to go on Live! with a large harddrive, bacause it is, alot of people have gone on Live! with larger harddrives so that is out of the question. What I pinpointed was SigToms comment on MS scanning for content on the drive and banning, not anything else.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (shrinkydinx @ Dec 6 2004, 09:26 PM)
sigh... i really dont enjoy dealing with stupid people who dont read, but:

i didnt say that you said anything about having your modchip on.  im saying that by you logic:  since my friend has gone on xbox live with his chip on, and didnt get banned, then that means that MS doesnt ban people who have modchips on.

maybe when you get into high school youll learn some basic logic.  the flaw in yours:

"we state that MS treat every single Xbox the same way "

you assume too much, obviously.

Yes, we must assume MS treat the boxes the same way, else you are the stupid one  wink.gif
Really, tell me, what chip did he use and what exactly did he do and is he able still to do it today? Because if your answer is that he still goes on Live! with his chip on without getting banned, I'll trust that it is possible and I'm sure I'll be able to do the same with his exact methods, really what is your point about that  biggrin.gif

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (shrinkydinx @ Dec 7 2004, 03:27 PM)
good god i have to explain everything over and over...

http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xlive.php

"There has been some instances of people accidently connecting to Live with the modchip on, and not being banned. Again, I must highly stress that I would take this as a grain of salt. Just be careful with accessing the Live tabs. In other words, don't!"

Yes, it's fine if someone writes that, what has this to do with this talk, nothing.
I don't hope your intention was to bring anything new into the debate because I do not understand if you want an answer on this or want to prove something not already said  huh.gif

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

You are wrong, MS do not scan for illegal code on the harddrive, that's damn rumors/bullshit, I have Linux and backed up games on my frive, it goes on Live! with no problems so STFU about something that is just rumors and not the real facts.

You claim that its BS and rumors and not real fact.  So do one simple thing.  SHOW ME THE REAL FACTS.  Remember, facts are not based on the experience of one person. They are time tested reliable truths.  Your the one who said that others beliefs werent up to snuff.  Your the one who needs to show the facts you allude to.  Where is there any documented facts that you can use to back up your claims...thats all I and I think others in this thread really want.  Your logic is this it seems: If XboxManiax hasnt been banned from XBL and he is using a big HDD with various file types on it, then NO ONE will get banned. Thats very faulty logic, as its based on a testing group of one.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

I think his lack of the understanding of conversational english is his downfall here.

STFU, I know what I'm talking about and I know what you are saying.

Dude...you just dont know when to quit do ya?  Your the one that come in on this thread in the first place calling the opinions and beliefs of others bullshit.  I just did the same to you, and you get all in a tiff about it. 

Yes, this thing about MS scanning the drive indeed IS bullshit, what is YOUR proof on it, nothing, you have read/heard about this on the net and now you can't get it out of your mind.

You claim that its BS and rumors and not real fact.  So do one simple thing.  SHOW ME THE REAL FACTS.

You show ME the real facts, you haven't even quoted one single part where MS says that they scan the drive for content, it's fucking bullshit and you haven't realized that yet.

Remember, facts are not based on the experience of one person. They are time tested reliable truths.  Your the one who said that others beliefs werent up to snuff.  Your the one who needs to show the facts you allude to.  Where is there any documented facts that you can use to back up your claims...thats all I and I think others in this thread really want.  Your logic is this it seems: If XboxManiax hasnt been banned from XBL and he is using a big HDD with various file types on it, then NO ONE will get banned. Thats very faulty logic, as its based on a testing group of one.

And your talking about MS scanning the drives is based on tests and not just something you have read because you haven't mentioned anything about tests so far? biggrin.gif
And yes, it should be a clear fact that if one person can do something with his Xbox on a certain time without getting banned, everyone else should be able to do the same, but seriously just tell me, are you really that stupid that you think MS has 50 different ways of scanning the drive and I have just been lucky not to have ran into their very special method that scans for content? You haven't answered that "dude" and I just think you're stupid like shit, over for now.

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

yes, actually it is, but you have to be very careful. firstly make sure you can swith to/ keep your origina xbox HDD because MS is now looking for illegal code on the HDD and secondly make sure that when you get the smartxx boot screen, select original BIOS or when you turn it on press the eject button (quick boot). that should help, unless MS is doin port scanning ( the part when your chip is attached) to see if their is anything there. apart from that you should be fine

To which you replied:

You are wrong, MS do not scan for illegal code on the harddrive, that's damn rumors/bullshit, I have Linux and backed up games on my frive, it goes on Live! with no problems so STFU about something that is just rumors and not the real facts.

Then I joined in this thread and asked 4 questions in a row in my first post, no statements, nothing that says my opinion is that MS is scanning HDDs.  You have repeatedly said that it was my idea, that I put forth, on this thread, which is not the case.  You went on to say this:

I am not calling everyone elses experiences bullshit, I am calling YOUR talking about rumors bullshit, fucking get that instead of putting words in my mouth I haven't even said. The thing you claim about MS scanning the drive isn't YOUR OWN experience, it's just rumors from the net, you're a fucking moron because you don't get that.

Where am I suppporting the idea in this thread that MS IS SCANNING HDDs? Where do I claim that MS is scanning HDDs in this thread? All Ive done is ask you to back up your claim and to show the real facts you think you know. Not once have I given my opinions.  Ive just wanted to call you out on bashing the posters.  You call someone elses post BS, fine, prove it.  You havent. Youve given speculation. Not once in this thread have I said "MS is scanning HDDs".  All Ive done is ask you to back up your original post.  Thats all, never once saying in this thread that I think MS is scanning HDDs. So.....for like the umpteenth time, wheres your proof.  How can you say that its 'rumors and BS' when you havent given any support to your ideas?  I dont have a position to defend in this thread, as I havent laid one out yet.  My issue is that I want to see the  REAL FACTS you alluded to in your first post, and you havent given one iota of evidence to that you have 'REAL FACTS' all you have are opinions.  So 'dude', can you finally just cough up the facts you think you have, or once and for all admit that your giving your opinion, that it isnt fact....no I doubt you can do either of those, youll just try to call me a liar, and say Im the one making claims.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

yes, actually it is, but you have to be very careful. firstly make sure you can swith to/ keep your origina xbox HDD because MS is now looking for illegal code on the HDD and secondly make sure that when you get the smartxx boot screen, select original BIOS or when you turn it on press the eject button (quick boot). that should help, unless MS is doin port scanning ( the part when your chip is attached) to see if their is anything there.
apart from that you should be fine

I just want to know where you got that bullshit "firstly make sure you can swith to/ keep your origina xbox HDD because MS is now looking for illegal code on the HDD" from, this is not even something you have experienced yourself is it?

Then you, SigTom write: "This is straight from MS themselves". That means the part about scanning thew harddrive comes from MS themselves, I have asked you so many times to quote something where MS says that they do scan for content but you still haven't quoted it, in fact I would still like you to quote this part to prove just this little statement you believe is true.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (binarybomb @ Dec 7 2004, 06:58 PM)
LOL.. It's actually really simple.

Don't buy Halo2.

Yeah, I know. OMG. Sacrelidge!!!

Here's why:

I've got a SmartXX modded box running both the latest EvoX bios, and the original MS bios. My account on Live was created after I had my 120gb HD installed and LOCKED WITH THE SMARTXX MENU. To this day, using the MS BIOS and my 120gb harddrive, I am playing on XBL. This rules out MS scanning for 'illegal code' on the hard drive as I've got Avalaunch.xbe sitting right on my C drive, this rules out a larger hard drive because, well, I'm playing with only a 120gb hard drive in my box. What does that leave?

Yep, Halo 2. If MS wants to pull a stunt like that, and punish those of us who like what our Xbox has to offer, but MS is not willing to support, I say Fuck em. I won't buy their game.

However, I could possibly rent the game, running it with the EvoX bios, and play through XLink. But after playing Halflife2, I don't think I could bring myself to do that.

I'm sorry to tell you but this is somehow also bullshit, perhaps something was different for you, I have no idea but I go on Live! perfectly all the time with Halo 2, I have unofficial dashboard on C, Linux on E and all the other things I have already explained, you must pimpoint what exactly you thinl was the part that got your Xbox banned because something must have been different compared to mine since it did not get banned.

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

Then you, SigTom write: "This is straight from MS themselves". That means the part about scanning thew harddrive comes from MS themselves, I have asked you so many times to quote something where MS says that they do scan for content but you still haven't quoted it, in fact I would still like you to quote this part to prove just this little statement you believe is true.

Reading the above, you would think that I said somewhere, that This information about scanning HDDs is straiight from MS themselves...which is wrong, thats not what Iwas saying.  You were, I believe, refering to this line:

So you are now the offical Spokesperson for MS? This is straight from MS themselves, you have proof of this? Press release, technical docs, etc? Or is this just more speculation? You THINK that they arent since you havent been banned, thats your 'proof'?

I bolded the section you were talking about.  OK, time to explain how sentences are constructed I guess.  When one types a comma, its as if they are pausing, waiting a beat, and continuing the sentence, not starting a new one.  When I said "This is straight from MS themselves COMMA (or pause), you have proof of this?" I was asking you about the information you were repeating (that MS is not scanning HDDs), asking if you had proof of this from MS themselves. I was NOT saying that the information posted by spicyPeanut was from MS.  I was asking YOU for information from MS.  Todays lesson in sentence structure for English is done.

Soooooooooooooooooooo.....once again, wheres your real facts?

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

Hmm..almost 24 hours since maniax's last post.....dont tell me hes finally figured out that he has no quarter left and hes pretty much showed his lack of knowledge of English...maybe were free of his filty mouth and negative posts?  Doubt it....so Im still waiting for XBox Maniax's Real Facts regarding his theory.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Dec 7 2004, 09:53 PM)
Like I said before, you dont understand conversational english.

Reading the above, you would think that I said somewhere, that This information about scanning HDDs is straiight from MS themselves...which is wrong, thats not what Iwas saying.  You were, I believe, refering to this line:

I bolded the section you were talking about.  OK, time to explain how sentences are constructed I guess.  When one types a comma, its as if they are pausing, waiting a beat, and continuing the sentence, not starting a new one.  When I said "This is straight from MS themselves COMMA (or pause), you have proof of this?" I was asking you about the information you were repeating (that MS is not scanning HDDs), asking if you had proof of this from MS themselves. I was NOT saying that the information posted by spicyPeanut was from MS.  I was asking YOU for information from MS.  Todays lesson in sentence structure for English is done.

Soooooooooooooooooooo.....once again, wheres your real facts?

Okay SigTom, I see your point now, I thought YOU were saying that the thing about scanning content came from MS themselves, I now realize that this isn't what you ment.
Secondly I still want proofs of this scanning theory, not necesarrily from you but from the person that claimed that MS is scanning the drive, if it's really true it must be based on your own experiences and not just something you have read on the net, I'm not the one that has to prove that MS do not scan and ban for content, I've already proven, by telling my story and methods for getting on Live!, that everyone else should be able to do exactly like me and not getting banned, this is something I stick to. Now you have to prove that YOU or at least someone you know personally have experienced those scans, if it's just something you have read on the net I still claim it's bullshit, nothing new there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3