xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Smartxx And Live?  (Read 331 times)

Cooler710

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« on: November 21, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

i have a question...can i install a smartxx chip into a halo edition xbox, use xbox linux and evox, install an lcd screen and still retain the ability to go on xbox live?.....does the smartxx chip have a switch to the ms bios or dash like some other chips do?

bob1122

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

ya its called disableing ur chip
or flashing a ms bios onto the chip

This post has been edited by bob1122: Nov 22 2004, 03:05 AM

rimsky82

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

actually, with all of the new banning tricks they've implemented, it's almost impossible not to get banned using any modded xbox, no matter how you build it.  You might be able to get on for a while, but don't expect to keep your modding invisible for long.

spicyPeanut

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

yes, actually it is, but you have to be very careful. firstly make sure you can swith to/ keep your origina xbox HDD because MS is now looking for illegal code on the HDD and secondly make sure that when you get the smartxx boot screen, select original BIOS or when you turn it on press the eject button (quick boot). that should help, unless MS is doin port scanning ( the part when your chip is attached) to see if their is anything there.
apart from that you should be fine

ninja4k

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

hmm .. i've been on live playing halo 2 for about 2 weeks .. halo edition xbox 200 gig hd smartxxv2 drive formated with slayers 2.6 .. i was a live virgin prehalo2 ..leaked frenched version.. backups of games on f. saves all over e.(psbox fba etc ) evox on c. and it seems like i'm still up and running fine .. if i'm on borrowed time then so be it .. i have 2 months b4 i need to pay for live so i'm good =-] .. TEAM SMARTXX ROCKS ~! KEEP IT UP

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (spicyPeanut @ Nov 26 2004, 01:16 PM)
yes, actually it is, but you have to be very careful. firstly make sure you can swith to/ keep your origina xbox HDD because MS is now looking for illegal code on the HDD and secondly make sure that when you get the smartxx boot screen, select original BIOS or when you turn it on press the eject button (quick boot). that should help, unless MS is doin port scanning ( the part when your chip is attached) to see if their is anything there.
apart from that you should be fine

You are wrong, MS do not scan for illegal code on the harddrive, that's damn rumors/bullshit, I have Linux and backed up games on my frive, it goes on Live! with no problems so STFU about something that is just rumors and not the real facts.

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox Maniax @ Nov 29 2004, 02:20 PM)
You are wrong, MS do not scan for illegal code on the harddrive, that's damn rumors/bullshit, I have Linux and backed up games on my frive, it goes on Live! with no problems so STFU about something that is just rumors and not the real facts.

So you are now the offical Spokesperson for MS?  This is straight from MS themselves, you have proof of this? Press release, technical docs, etc?  Or is this just more speculation? You THINK that they arent since you havent been banned, thats your 'proof'?

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 05:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Nov 29 2004, 11:49 PM)
So you are now the offical Spokesperson for MS?  This is straight from MS themselves, you have proof of this? Press release, technical docs, etc?  Or is this just more speculation? You THINK that they arent since you havent been banned, thats your 'proof'?

Yes, isn't that obvious, I can still play on Live! then why the fuck should I be banned??? Really don't be so stupid, ofcourse I am not banned when I can play on Live! you moron!

shrinkydinx

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

hahaha.  i have no insightful comments beyond "youre an idiot" :)

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

Sheesh, totally missed the point I was making.  You said in the previous post that the comments of those saying that MS is scanning the HDD is BS.  I ask you for proof, being able to play on live for the time being is not proof.  Show me the technical docs, press release, XBL exec interview that says they are not scanning hdds. Show me anything OFFICIAL from MS that says they arent, and thats proof.  To use you as an example, with out a control group, without any sort of set environment to test out your 'theory', isnt proof, its just your experience.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (shrinkydinx @ Dec 2 2004, 07:07 AM)
hahaha.  i have no insightful comments beyond "youre an idiot" smile.gif

Hahahahaha, that comment shows how much of a jerk you are yourself  biggrin.gif

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Dec 2 2004, 07:55 AM)
Sheesh, totally missed the point I was making.  You said in the previous post that the comments of those saying that MS is scanning the HDD is BS.  I ask you for proof, being able to play on live for the time being is not proof.  Show me the technical docs, press release, XBL exec interview that says they are not scanning hdds. Show me anything OFFICIAL from MS that says they arent, and thats proof.  To use you as an example, with out a control group, without any sort of set environment to test out your 'theory', isnt proof, its just your experience.

Why should I quote something where they say the do not scan for files, quote something yourself where they say that they do scan for files. Even if you find some pronounces (whatever who cares if this is spelled wrong) where MS claims that they scan the drives I can tell you it's fucking bullshit, that's all I'm telling you, my best proof is my own experiences, perhaps you should try that yourself instead of just posting rumors and thereby helping these false rumors to grow even bigger  jester.gif

SigTom

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

Oh...so you posting your individual eperience and calling everyone elses experience BS is helping?  Your helping others by saying that the only thing that is true is your belief? Get off your high horse.  You know no more or no less than any other average Xbox user, so dont try to act like your experience is the only one that matters.  You THINK they arent scanning, you THINK that.  Please make sure thats known to others, your basing this on your own assumptions, nothing else.

Xbox Maniax

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Dec 3 2004, 08:19 PM)
Oh...so you posting your individual eperience and calling everyone elses experience BS is helping?  Your helping others by saying that the only thing that is true is your belief? Get off your high horse.  You know no more or no less than any other average Xbox user, so dont try to act like your experience is the only one that matters.  You THINK they arent scanning, you THINK that.  Please make sure thats known to others, your basing this on your own assumptions, nothing else.

I am not calling everyone elses experiences bullshit, I am calling YOUR talking about rumors bullshit, fucking get that instead of putting words in my mouth I haven't even said. The thing you claim about MS scanning the drive isn't YOUR OWN experience, it's just rumors from the net, you're a fucking moron because you don't get that. It is not my belief, it is my EXPERIENCE, I have EXPERIENCED myself that you DO NOT get banned if you have Linux, backups and such things on the drive, it is not something I have read on the net like you and just spreads out with no critics of sources. I'm just telling you that you should try making your own experiences instead of just guessing upon those rumors you have read on the net, that's all I'm telling you because apparently this scanning theory isn't your own experience wink.gif
And that comment about me THINKING that they do not scan the drive, yes that is true, that comment is actually as stupid as the one where you said "You think that you aren't banned" oh yeah, your so fucking stupid if you claim that you can still be on Live! if you are banned!

Btw moron, you still haven't quoted anything with MS saying that they scan the drive, where is your proof?  jester.gif

shrinkydinx

• Archived User
Smartxx And Live?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xbox Maniax @ Dec 4 2004, 09:26 AM)
I am not calling everyone elses experiences bullshit, I am calling YOUR talking about rumors bullshit, fucking get that instead of putting words in my mouth I haven't even said. The thing you claim about MS scanning the drive isn't YOUR OWN experience, it's just rumors from the net, you're a fucking moron because you don't get that. It is not my belief, it is my EXPERIENCE, I have EXPERIENCED myself that you DO NOT get banned if you have Linux, backups and such things on the drive, it is not something I have read on the net like you and just spreads out with no critics of sources. I'm just telling you that you should try making your own experiences instead of just guessing upon those rumors you have read on the net, that's all I'm telling you because apparently this scanning theory isn't your own experience wink.gif
And that comment about me THINKING that they do not scan the drive, yes that is true, that comment is actually as stupid as the one where you said "You think that you aren't banned" oh yeah, your so fucking stupid if you claim that you can still be on Live! if you are banned!

Btw moron, you still haven't quoted anything with MS saying that they scan the drive, where is your proof?  jester.gif

take a logic class or something.  you not being banned proves nothing.

people with completely modded xbox's with giant hard drives have gone on live wihout getting banned.  by your reasoning that means you cant get banned for having a modchip on and an upgraded hard drive.
Pages: [1] 2 3