xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdm Warning No Dns Servers Found  (Read 290 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xbox Hdm Warning No Dns Servers Found
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »

ok im posting this because you said ASAP..

So heres a quick reply, then il read your post and possibly edit..

Step 1. Buy splinter cell (the 1st splinter cell. not chaos theory or anythiing Just splinter cell.)

step 2, find and download Krazies ndure 1.1.1 Splinter cell exploit. (ntsc or pal, depending on what xbox type you have)

Step 3, transfer the save files to whatever medium your using to transfer them over to the xbox. "action replay/whatever) and use xplorer360 to transfer the files from the pc to the actiopn replay.

Step 4, put the saves on the xbox. (you may have to press right to highlight the actual save to say copy)
And dont have any other splinter cell saves on the xbox.

Step 4.a  (if your xbox is not updated to go on xbox live, use halo 2 live enabled game or a live enabled game that was released after halo 2. try to log on to live and it will update your dash board)

step 5, boot splinter cell. Say start game/load/checkpoints

Step 6 follow all the onscreen instructions

Step 7. Download Hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk" and burn it to a dvd-r ate 4x or slower.

step 8. boot the xbox with the hexen disk

Step 9. Chose softmod 1 click install, krazies ndure 1.1.1 follow the on screen instructions. install Unleash-x "basic install" dont turn off your xbox untill all steps have been completed. "when you back up your eeprom you will have to back up out of the menu to get to the basic install option"

Step 10,  Enjoy your soft moded xbox.

ok read your post.

the xbox unlocks the hard disk for only a short period of time on boot. Error 12 extends that time frame but its not an indefinate ammount of time.
To view your xbox disk contents on the PC. use XPLORER360 in windows.
that will allow you to see the contents of the hard disk provided it is infact unlocked..

"you can also transfer soft modded files to the hard disk at this point if you have them. (do them 1 file at a time, 1 folder at a time)"

I personaly dont like spwaing IDE cables from drives when they are in use, Its a short cut to a dead hard disk.

i dont have any expirience in softmodding a SATA drive via Xboxhdm. in my expirience the hard disk has to be Primary master "the 1st ide device on the 1st ide channel."
in actual fact i only use xboxhdm to upgrade softmodded disks, and if i was hotswaping i always transferd the files voa XPLORER360 then upgraded the mod via hexen..

usb booting..
obviously needs to be set in bios "1st boot device USB" But prehaps the USB device is not formated to be bootable.
Again i have no expirience of usb booting as i simply use xboxhdm 1.9 on a Ide cd "primary slave", and then the hard disk is primary master.

Hope this helps.

P.S

the reason i say get splinter cell is because it dosent matter what version (release version) it is, even the platinum would work.

P.p.s

can people please stop linking to files that contains official/modified bioses and exploited stuff (dash boards/softmods/ETC)
We arent allowed to do that here.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

You can only edit posts for 30 mins after you post them.......

Softmodding with a game is far easier, and you can pick up Splinter Cell for pennies. In passing, I doubt that your copy of 007 is bogus, it's just the wrong game or the wrong version.

It sounds as though your disk is still locked. Your testing simply proved that the IDE controller in the disk was recognised by your PC, not that the disk was unlocked. To unlock the disk you have to unplug the IDE cable from your Xbox drive after the flubber finishes but before the white Microsoft logo disappears from the splash screen. Once you see the Error 12 screen the disk is locked again.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(snoop216 @ Mar 12 2012, 01:39 AM) View Post

Thanks for the reply, but want you had posted I already knew how to do, what I was trying to do was do it without the game because as you can see I mentioned I had puchased a game and it was the wrong one so I figured I would just try to do it without the game, also I kinda figured I shouldn't have entered the instrutions I used I did kinda think twice about it when I posted them on the forum didn't think it would be a problem I dont know geuss I will just have to edit post dont wanna break any forum rules, problem is I dont know how to edit a post cant find the edit button looked everywhere, but yeah buddy if you would read my post again you would see that it states I had already purchased a bogus copy of 007 and  wanted to try without the game, so not to be rude but your post is insuficient to me except for the part to inform me about how I posted my post I will try to look more for the edit button, but someone please help if they can, obviously I still need it.  I edited my post once but it seems like the edit buttton only shows after you post somthing wierd, I can see the edit button on this post but not my first one.

What was wrong with all this?

ok read your post.

the xbox unlocks the hard disk for only a short period of time on boot. Error 12 extends that time frame but its not an indefinate ammount of time.
To view your xbox disk contents on the PC. use XPLORER360 in windows.
that will allow you to see the contents of the hard disk provided it is infact unlocked..

"you can also transfer soft modded files to the hard disk at this point if you have them. (do them 1 file at a time, 1 folder at a time)"

I personaly dont like spwaing IDE cables from drives when they are in use, Its a short cut to a dead hard disk.

i dont have any expirience in softmodding a SATA drive via Xboxhdm. in my expirience the hard disk has to be Primary master "the 1st ide device on the 1st ide channel."
in actual fact i only use xboxhdm to upgrade softmodded disks, and if i was hotswaping i always transferd the files voa XPLORER360 then upgraded the mod via hexen..

usb booting..
obviously needs to be set in bios "1st boot device USB" But prehaps the USB device is not formated to be bootable.
Again i have no expirience of usb booting as i simply use xboxhdm 1.9 on a Ide cd "primary slave", and then the hard disk is primary master.

Hope this helps.

snoop216

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 12 2012, 12:51 AM) View Post

You can only edit posts for 30 mins after you post them.......

Softmodding with a game is far easier, and you can pick up Splinter Cell for pennies. In passing, I doubt that your copy of 007 is bogus, it's just the wrong game or the wrong version.

It sounds as though your disk is still locked. Your testing simply proved that the IDE controller in the disk was recognised by your PC, not that the disk was unlocked. To unlock the disk you have to unplug the IDE cable from your Xbox drive after the flubber finishes but before the white Microsoft logo disappears from the splash screen. Once you see the Error 12 screen the disk is locked again.

OUCH!!! dude that hurt, I attempted to try the hard drive unlocking, what boggles me is the time frame in which the blbber disapears and than the microfot logo appears and then which it goes to the error 12 screen is incrediblly fast, there is like no time period in which to even try to disconnect the xbox ide from the hard drive and then try to connect it to the computers hard drive, I think that I am missing something, please decribe on the process of unlocking the drive and getting it connected to the computer in a bit more detail, I am going to read about unlocking the drive a bit more somewhere else, hopefully I willy recieve a reply or just find out the answer else where

snoop216

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »

First I'd like to start off by saying that I googled around and found post that says that when you get a error 12 and drive is unlocked it stays.  What ended up happening was I wasn't sure if the drive was unlocked or not because of the post you had wrote so I eventually got the xboxhdm 2.2 to work that I initionally coudnt get to work. What had happened was that I was copying the whole folder to the whole 2.2 folder that came in the download to the usb instead of the contents of the folder because actually in the instructions it states to copy everything in the 2.2 folder to the usb, but all the files came in a rar and once unrared there where three folders so I just copied all two folders, but what you needed to do was copy the contents of the folder to the usb not the folder itself which should be explained in the instructions the folder labeled xmbc I din't bother with and also I ran bootinst from the boot folder on the usb drive just because that is what was allowing me to boot with v1.9 don't know if it was needed it was not in 2.2 instruction set, I ended up booting into 2.2 and I still did not see my drive so I decided to try to unlock it by just copying a song to the hard drive and letting it play for a bit pausing it and then disconnecting the cable from the xbox to the xbox hard drive without turning the xbox off and then connecting it to my computers primary ide master. I still was unable to run the program to rewrite my xbox hard drive.  By just messing around I ended up leaving my xbox connected to my computer  and restarting my computer while the xbox had undergone all of the unlock procedures.  When I booted I still didn't see my xbox drive with my other drives but when I ran the command to rebuild my xbox magically it worked I belive that by me having the drive connected while it was unlcok before I booted the computer is what allowed the drive to be recognized because after the process was done I retried evrything again while computer was running and it didn't work but when I turned off computer and connected drive than booted computer it worked again.  By the way when I picked to rebuild the drive it gave me the no dns error again but this time it did go into rebuilding the drive so I dont think that the message even means anything.  Can't wait to give this to my nephew in the morning tested some copies of some games on dvd and they are working perfectly. biggrin.gif