xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Sombody Help As To Why I Cant Get This Program To Work?  (Read 114 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Can Sombody Help As To Why I Cant Get This Program To Work?
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »

You need a PC with two separate IDE connections on the motherboard if you are using xboxhdm 1.9 (I presume that's what you mean when you say "this package"), and you need the CD drive and the Xbox disk connected to the correct IDE ports and with the appropriate master / slave settings. The xboxhdm 1.9 thread has all of the details.

If your PC has only one IDE port then you have to use xboxhdm 2.2, which scullc has kindly just repaired - again, there is a pinned thread on this.

If neither of those works then you can use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) which implements ldotsfan's lxhdm and builds and locks the new disk on the Xbox.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

You need two IDE ports because that's how xboxhdm 1.9 was designed to work.

xboxhdm 2.2 addresses that limitation.

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

Hmm, I was gonna say just use a usb drive or a floppy disc.. always works for me

Roden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »

Okey i tried the usb disc, it boots ok but freezes on some int thing, tried about 10 times.

So tried the lxhdm thing using the hexen disc, this also just kep failing on the hdd formatting stage, all of a sudden i started getting error 21 and all sorts.

Turns out the 250 hdd was bad sad.gif

So found a 80gb lying around, and the lxhdm trick worked, i used that as i seemed to be getting somewhere with it.

So all modded, running unleashx, latest XBMC and my most used apps.

Just one lickle problem, i have changed the video mode to NTSC, Tried enabling 480P and 720P in XBMC which i can, but whenever i switch to a higher mode than standard i just get a black screen.

What i do wrong?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »

You have to bypass virtual eeprom first to make the video mode changes stick. Use HeXEn to switch to NTSC and it sorts it out for you. The XBMC4Xbox wiki article on enabling HD modes on a softmodded Xbox also explains how to do it.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Nov 16 2011, 02:45 AM) View Post

You need two IDE ports because that's how xboxhdm 1.9 was designed to work.

xboxhdm 2.2 addresses that limitation.

i only need 1 ide port for 1.9.. You do need a ide ribbon cable with master and slave capabilaties though.. Hard disk master and the cd drive slave.
I can do this on either my amd setup "that has 2 ide ports but i only use 1" and on the dell system "that only has 1 ide port"