xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Corrupted E: From Backing Up Games  (Read 128 times)

segaszivos

• Archived User
Corrupted E: From Backing Up Games
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »

I softmodded my xbox and replaced the hard drive a few days ago. Everything was working great but it didn't last long...

Last night I started backing up some games. After backing up five or six games I reviewed the Game list in the dashboard and saw two games. I figured that a restart maybe required to sync some games, but everything went missing after the restart. I see my Emulators and roms but my ISOs aren't there. The Games directory is empty using the file browser. It shows 3GB free space on E instead of the 95GB I had prior to the restart.

I suspect that one of the games I installed is somehow not compatible. Although I don't remember which games I installed, but I can check later when I get home. Regardless I have some questions about this:
1. Has anyone run into this problem?
2. Are there any games NOT compatible with the game backup?
3. What is the easiest way to fix this problem? Rebuilding my E: through the bootcd I created or can I redo the partition another way?

Any help or recommendations are much appreciated!  jester.gif

Sega

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »

There's no such thing as a 95 GB E partition. The extra space on your large drive should be in the F (and optionally G) partition.

Grab HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc), and use option 2.4.3a or 2.4.3b to reformat and rebuild the disk.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

There are some games that need to be patched to play off the hard drive but in most cases DVD2Xbox does all the work for you. Just reformat the hard drive and you should be fine to start backing up your games again.

segaszivos

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 19 2011, 02:36 PM) View Post

There's no such thing as a 95 GB E partition. The extra space on your large drive should be in the F (and optionally G) partition.

Grab HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc), and use option 2.4.3a or 2.4.3b to reformat and rebuild the disk.

Okay. I'm still new with UnleashX. My F drive is empty. The partition must be F-ed. I'll try rebuilding the F: partition after work today. Thanks for your suggestion.

Any idea what caused the partition to fail?